The research reported in this article was conducted when the authors were both at the University of California, Los Angeles. The study was supported in part by a Fulbright Scholarship granted to the first author and funding from the US National Science Foundation (BNS# 8908681) awarded to the second author. E-mail may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Category size and judgments of variability: The effects of seeing the trees in the forest†
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2009
1996 Japanese Psychological Association
Japanese Psychological Research
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 213–223, November 1996
How to Cite
KARASAWA, M. and BREWER, M. B. (1996), Category size and judgments of variability: The effects of seeing the trees in the forest. Japanese Psychological Research, 38: 213–223. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5884.1996.tb00026.x
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2009
- Received Oct. 17, 1994; accepted May 6, 1995
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!