The research reported in this article was conducted when the authors were both at the University of California, Los Angeles. The study was supported in part by a Fulbright Scholarship granted to the first author and funding from the US National Science Foundation (BNS# 8908681) awarded to the second author. E-mail may be addressed to email@example.com.
Category size and judgments of variability: The effects of seeing the trees in the forest1
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2009
1996 Japanese Psychological Association
Japanese Psychological Research
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 213–223, November 1996
How to Cite
KARASAWA, M. and BREWER, M. B. (1996), Category size and judgments of variability: The effects of seeing the trees in the forest. Japanese Psychological Research, 38: 213–223. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5884.1996.tb00026.x
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2009
- Received Oct. 17, 1994; accepted May 6, 1995
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!