Note:This article reflects an equal collaboration between these authors. Names are listed alphabetically. Much of the article also draws on collaborative work conducted with Courtney Bender. Financial support from the Center for the Study of Religion at Princeton University made possible a conference based on these ideas in October 2008 at which we invited scholars working at “the edges” of the sociology of religion to think collectively about these issues. The first half of this article draws heavily on the introductory chapter from the edited volume that resulted from that conference, Religion on the Edge: De-Centering and Re-Centering the Sociology of Religion, currently under review.
De-Centering and Re-Centering: Rethinking Concepts and Methods in the Sociological Study of Religion
Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 437–449, September 2011
How to Cite
Cadge, W., Levitt, P. and Smilde, D. (2011), De-Centering and Re-Centering: Rethinking Concepts and Methods in the Sociological Study of Religion. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 50: 437–449. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5906.2011.01585.x
- Issue online: 1 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!