Acknowledgments: We thank participants at seminars in Bocconi, at the EAPS 2010 annual conference, and at the Giornate di Studio sulla Popolazione 2011 for many helpful comments. The Ufficio Centale di Statistica della Chiesa provided data on baptisms from the Annuarium Statisticum Ecclesiae. We also thank all the colleagues and research assistants who, at Bocconi University and at a number of universities in France, provided help in completing the survey on godparenthood. The research leading to this article has received support from the project Consequences of Demographic Change (CODEC), funded by the European Research Council under the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007–2013) ERC Grant agreement No. 201194
Social Customs and Demographic Change: The Case of Godparenthood in Catholic Europe
Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 482–504, September 2012
How to Cite
Alfani, G., Gourdon, V. and Vitali, A. (2012), Social Customs and Demographic Change: The Case of Godparenthood in Catholic Europe. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 51: 482–504. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5906.2012.01659.x
- Issue online: 4 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!