Acknowledgments: We are grateful to Marie Cornwall and Laura Olson for their enthusiastic support for publishing the results of our deliberations in this JSSR Special Topics Forum.
Theory as a Tool in the Social Scientific Study of Religion and Martin Riesebrodt's The Promise of Salvation
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 397–411, September 2012
How to Cite
Konieczny, M. E., Lybarger, . L. D. and Chong, . K. H. (2012), Theory as a Tool in the Social Scientific Study of Religion and Martin Riesebrodt's The Promise of Salvation. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 51: 397–411. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5906.2012.01663.x
All authors contributed equally to the article. The articles included in this special forum came from a conference held at the University of Chicago Divinity School titled “Comparing Religions: On Theory and Method” in January 2011. The purpose was to explore the empirical implications of Martin Riesebrodt's (2007, 2010) practice-based theory of religion.
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!