The authors are respectively, Assistant Professor at the School of Management of the University of Ottawa and Associate Professor at HEC Montréal; and Senior Lecturer in Financial Management at the School of Management of the University of Edinburgh. They appreciate the comments from seminar participants at the 2005 JBFA Capital Market Conference, at HEC Montréal, at the 2004 International Corporate Governance Conference and at the University of Edinburgh, and from colleagues, especially Steve Fortin, Claude Laurin, Jean-François L’Her, Phil Brown and Falconer Mitchell. The authors gratefully acknowledge support from the Research Alliance in Governance and Forensic Accounting funded within the Initiative on the new economy program of the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC).
Separation of Ownership from Control and Acquiring Firm Performance: The Case of Family Ownership in Canada
Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2006
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 33, Issue 3-4, pages 517–543, April/May 2006
How to Cite
Ben-Amar, W. and André, P. (2006), Separation of Ownership from Control and Acquiring Firm Performance: The Case of Family Ownership in Canada. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 33: 517–543. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2006.00613.x
- Issue online: 19 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!