The authors are respectively from Lancaster University; and the Universities of New South Wales and Western Australia. They gratefully acknowledge the comments of Jeff Coulton, Tom Smith, Stephen Taylor, Martin Walker, Steve Young and an anonymous referee, as well as participants in research workshops at ANU, Lancaster, Macquarie, Monash and UNSW. The paper has also benefited from comments received at the JBFA Conference in May 2005, and at the 2005 annual meetings of the American Accounting Association, the Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, and the European Accounting Association. The authors are especially indebted to Jim Psaros for providing corporate governance ratings data.
Do Better-Governed Australian Firms Make More Informative Disclosures?
Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2006
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 33, Issue 3-4, pages 422–450, April/May 2006
How to Cite
Beekes, W. and Brown, P. (2006), Do Better-Governed Australian Firms Make More Informative Disclosures?. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 33: 422–450. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2006.00614.x
- Issue online: 19 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!