Helpful comments were provided by workshop participants at the University of Washington, the Ninth Annual Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting, and the 23rd Annual Conference of the European Accounting Association, and, especially, Bob Bowen, Sandra Chamberlain, Jim Jiambalvo, Jane Kennedy, Mark Nelson, Gerald Salamon, and Terry Shevlin. The authors are especially thankful to Dawn Matsumoto for assistance in calculating her forecast management proxy. Financial support was provided by the Accounting Development Funds at the University of Washington and Santa Clara University.
Management of Earnings and Analysts' Forecasts to Achieve Zero and Small Positive Earnings Surprises
Article first published online: 7 JUL 2006
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 33, Issue 5-6, pages 633–652, June/July 2006
How to Cite
Burgstahler, D. and Eames, M. (2006), Management of Earnings and Analysts' Forecasts to Achieve Zero and Small Positive Earnings Surprises. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 33: 633–652. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2006.00630.x
- Issue published online: 7 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 7 JUL 2006
- (Paper received November 2005, revised version accepted March 2006)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!