They are grateful to an anonymous referee, Heitor Almeida, Fabio Braggion, Frans Buelens, Jo Danbolt, Marc Jegers, Rez Kabir, Steven Ongena, Ann Vanstraelen and Ilse Verschueren for helpful comments and suggestions. The paper has also benefited from presentations at the Financial History Workshop in Utrecht (2007), the FMA European meeting in Barcelona (2007), the EFMA meeting in Vienna (2007), the Corporate Finance Day in Louvain-la-Neuve (2007) and seminars at the University of Antwerp and the University of Stirling. Financial Support from the Flemish Fund for Scientific Research (Grant no. G.0013.02) is gratefully acknowledged. Any remaining errors are the authors' own.
Were Modern Capital Structure Theories Valid in Belgium Before World War I?
Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2008
© 2008 The Authors Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 35, Issue 3-4, pages 491–515, April/May 2008
How to Cite
Deloof, M. and Van Overfelt, W. (2008), Were Modern Capital Structure Theories Valid in Belgium Before World War I?. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 35: 491–515. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2008.02080.x
- Issue online: 10 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2008
- (Paper received January 2007, revised version accepted September 2007)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!