They wish to thank Carlos Bendito, Managing Director of Analistas Internacionales en Sostenibilidad (AISTM) – a Sustainable Investment Research International Company partner firm based in Spain – for their helpful comments and access to the SiRi Pro™ database. They would also like to thank Martin Walker (editor), Diego Prior, Stathopoulos Konstantinos, Joan Santaló and one of the anonymous referees as well as participants at the JBFA Capital Markets Conference (Chapel Hill, 2007), the Academy of Management Annual Meeting (Philadelphia, 2007), the Symposium of Corporate Governance & Shareholder Activism (Milan, 2007), the Journal of Banking and Finance 30th Anniversary Conference (Beijing, 2006), the Strategic Management Conference (Vienna, 2006), the Foro de Finanzas (Castellon, 2006) and the seminar participants at Universitat Autònoma of Barcelona for their useful comments on earlier drafts of this paper. They also acknowledge the financial support of the Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnologia (grant #SEC2003-03797), Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia (grant # SEJ2004-07877-C02-02 and grant #SEJ2006-09401), and the Comunidad de Madrid (Grant #s-0505/tic/000230). The usual disclaimers apply.
Managerial Entrenchment and Corporate Social Performance
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008 The Authors Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 35, Issue 5-6, pages 748–789, June/July 2008
How to Cite
Surroca, J. and Tribó, J. A. (2008), Managerial Entrenchment and Corporate Social Performance. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 35: 748–789. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2008.02090.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!