They acknowledge financial support from the University at Albany and University of Kentucky (Chandra), and the Hans Julius Bär Endowed Chair (Nayar). Able research assistance was provided by Srinivas N. Dharanipragada. The authors also thank Anne-Marie Anderson, John Graham, Jim Largay, Steve Liedtka, George Papadakis, Ajai Singh and Sam Weaver for providing comments, data, and helping them better understand the private debt placement process. They are grateful to Martin Walker (editor) and an anonymous referee for helpful suggestions. Seminar participants at the Lehigh University Business and Economics Workshop, the University at Buffalo, the Seventh Annual Australasian Finance and Banking Conference, and the 2008 Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association also provided useful input.
The Information Content of Private Debt Placements
Version of Record online: 29 AUG 2008
© 2008 The Authors Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 35, Issue 9-10, pages 1164–1195, November/December 2008
How to Cite
Chandra, U. and Nayar, N. (2008), The Information Content of Private Debt Placements. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 35: 1164–1195. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2008.02103.x
- Issue online: 19 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 AUG 2008
- (Paper received December 2006, revised version accepted June 2008)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!