The first author is from Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, USA. The second, third and fourth authors are from the Marriott School of Management, Brigham Young University, USA. They express appreciation to Brigham Young University for student mentoring grants that made the collection of the pro forma earnings data possible, and to the many students who have read thousands of press releases to hand-collect the data. The authors also express appreciation to workshop participants at Duke University and for the helpful comments of the anonymous referee and the editor. Dirk Black expresses appreciation to the Deloitte Foundation for financial support.
Has the Regulation of Pro Forma Reporting in the US Changed Investors’ Perceptions of Pro Forma Earnings Disclosures?
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 39, Issue 7-8, pages 876–904, September/October 2012
How to Cite
Black, D. E., Black, E. L., Christensen, T. E. and Heninger, W. G. (2012), Has the Regulation of Pro Forma Reporting in the US Changed Investors’ Perceptions of Pro Forma Earnings Disclosures?. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 39: 876–904. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2012.02297.x
- Issue published online: 24 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 24 OCT 2012
- (Paper received December 2008, revised version accepted May 2012)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!