The first author is from the College of Business Administration, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA. The second author is from the Robert J. Trulaske College of Business, University of Missouri at Columbia, MO, USA. The third author is from the College of Business, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, USA.
On the Anomalous Stock Price Response to Management Earnings Forecasts
Article first published online: 5 SEP 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 39, Issue 7-8, pages 905–935, September/October 2012
How to Cite
Das, S., Kim, K. and Patro, S. (2012), On the Anomalous Stock Price Response to Management Earnings Forecasts. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 39: 905–935. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2012.02298.x
This paper has benefited from comments by Anand Desai, Harry Evans, Mei Feng, Yuan Gao, Michael Kimbrough, Donald Moser, Steven Orcutt, Ram Ramakrishnan, Lenny Soffer, Srini Sankaraguruswamy, Yoonseok Zang and seminar participants at Kansas State University, Singapore Management University, the University of Illinois at Chicago, the University of Pittsburgh, the 18th Annual Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting at New York University, and the 2007 Annual Meetings of the Financial Management Association. The authors thank Peter Pope (editor) and an anonymous refree for their valuable input. An earlier version of the paper was titled ‘Management Earnings Forecasts and Subsequent Price Formation’.
- Issue published online: 24 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 5 SEP 2012
- (Paper received May 2011, revised version accepted April 2012)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!