The author is from Colorado State University, USA. He is grateful to his dissertation committee: Ray J. Pfeiffer, Jr. (chairman), Bing Liang, Susan Lynne Porter, Stephen Sireci and Teri Lombardi Yohn for their patience, guidance and valuable comments. The author is also grateful to Francois Brochet, Steve Jablonsky, Nicole Thorne Jenkins, Derek Johnston, Lisa Kutcher, Emma Peng, Shankar Venkataraman, Steven Young (associate editor), the anonymous referee at the Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, the anonymous reviewer at the 2009 Financial Accounting and Reporting Section (FARS) Mid-year Meeting, and workshop participants at Colorado State University, the University of Colorado-Boulder, the 2009 FARS Mid-year Meeting and the 2010 AAA Annual Meeting for insightful comments that helped to improve this paper. The author is grateful to the staff at Stanford Law School for providing the data on securities class action litigation. He thanks the following research assistants who helped with data collection and coding: David Krystaf and Collin Laffey. He also gratefully acknowledges financial support from KPMG Foundation Doctoral Scholarship and the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts.
How Do Managers of Non-Announcing Firms Respond to Intra-Industry Information Transfers?
Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 39, Issue 9-10, pages 1180–1213, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Desir, R. (2012), How Do Managers of Non-Announcing Firms Respond to Intra-Industry Information Transfers?. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 39: 1180–1213. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2012.02306.x
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2012
- (Paper received July 2011, revised version accepted April 2012)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!