Thanks to participants at the various conferences and workshops at which earlier versions of this article were presented for helpful critiques: particularly to participants in the Arena seminar and at the ECPR Porto conference. Thanks to James Mitchell for extensive comments on various drafts and to the two anonymous referees for constructive comments. This research is part of the ESRC-funded project RES-000-22-4348 ‘Implicit Triggers, Identity(ies) and Attitudes to the European Union: An Experimental Approach’.
Does the EU Need a Navel? Implicit and Explicit Identification with the European Union*
Article first published online: 12 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies © 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 71–86, January 2012
How to Cite
CRAM, L. (2012), Does the EU Need a Navel? Implicit and Explicit Identification with the European Union. JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies, 50: 71–86. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5965.2011.02207.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 12 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!