No evidence of Legionella infection in general practice patients presenting with acute respiratory infections in The Netherlands
Article first published online: 7 APR 2005
Clinical Microbiology and Infection
Volume 11, Issue 5, pages 410–412, May 2005
How to Cite
Diederen, B. M. W., De Jong, C. M. A., Aarts, I., Peeters, M. F., Van Gageldonk-Lafeber, A. B., Wilbrink, B. and Van Der Zee, A. (2005), No evidence of Legionella infection in general practice patients presenting with acute respiratory infections in The Netherlands. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 11: 410–412. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-0691.2005.01112.x
- Issue published online: 7 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 7 APR 2005
- Original Submission: 21 October 2004; Revised Submission: 28 December 2004; Accepted: 16 January 2005
- 5Reported cases of Legionella pneumonia in the Netherlands, 1987–2000. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 2002; 146: 315–320., , .
- 6Surveillance of respiratory pathogens and influenza-like illnesses in general practices—The Netherlands, winter 1997/98. Eurosurveillance 1999; 4: 81–84., , , , .
- 9Molecular evidence for the ubiquitous presence of Legionella species in Dutch potable water systems [abstract N-149]. In: Abstracts of the 104th General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology. Washington, DC: American Society for Microbiology, 2004; 423., , , , .
- 12A laboratory manual for Legionella, 1st edn. Chichester: Wiley, 1988., .
- 14Direct detection of Legionella species from bronchoalveolar lavage and open lung biopsy specimens: comparison of LightCycler PCR, in situ hybridization, direct fluorescence antigen detection, and culture. J Clin Microbiol 2001; 39: 2618–2626.DOI: 10.1128/JCM.39.7.2618-2626.2001, , et al.
- 16Development and clinical evaluation of an internally controlled, single-tube multiplex real-time PCR assay for detection of Legionella pneumophila and other Legionella species. J Clin Microbiol 2003; 41: 4016–4021.DOI: 10.1128/JCM.41.9.4016-4021.2003, , et al.
- 17Diagnosis of Legionella pneumophila, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, or Chlamydia pneumoniae lower respiratory infection using the polymerase chain reaction on a single throat swab specimen. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 1996; 24: 7–14.DOI: 10.1016/0732-8893(95)00254-5, , , , .