Economic value of norovirus outbreak control measures in healthcare settings
Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Clinical Microbiology and Infection © 2010 European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Clinical Microbiology and Infection
Volume 17, Issue 4, pages 640–646, April 2011
How to Cite
Lee, B. Y., Wettstein, Z. S., McGlone, S. M., Bailey, R. R., Umscheid, C. A., Smith, K. J. and Muder, R. R. (2011), Economic value of norovirus outbreak control measures in healthcare settings. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 17: 640–646. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-0691.2010.03345.x
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 AUG 2010 10:24AM EST
- Original Submission: 7 April 2010; Revised Submission: 30 July 2010; Accepted: 3 August 2010 Editor: G. Antonelli Article published online: 20 August 2010
- 11Infectious diseases of humans. Dynamics and Control: Oxford University Press, 1992., , .
- 13Draft: guideline for prevention and management of norovirus outbreaks in healthcare settings. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2010., , , , , .
- 14Detection of immunoglobulin M (IgM), IgA, and IgG Norwalk virus-specific antibodies by indirect enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay with baculovirus-expressed Norwalk virus capsid antigen in adult volunteers challenged with Norwalk virus. J Clin Microbiol 1994; 32: 3059–3063., , , , , .
- 19United States Department of Health & Human Services. HCUP facts and figures: statistics on hospital-based care in the United States. Rockville, MD: AHRQ: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2007. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports.jsp (cited 15 September 2009).
- 22PDR. Red book. Montvale, NJ: Thompson Healthcare, Inc., 2008.
- 23Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational employment statistics: May 2008 national occupational employment and wage estimates, United States. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Division of Occupational Employment Statistics, 2009. Available at: http://stat.bls.gov/oes/2008/may/oes_nat.htm#b00-0000 (cited 15 Septmember 2009).
- 28Norovirus outbreaks in a hospital setting: the role of infection control. N Z Med J 2004; 117: U771., , , .
- 31Nurse staffing and quality of patient care. Evidence report/technology assessment No. 151. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, 2007. Contract No.: 07-E005., , , , .