The national ESBL surveillance group are listed in the Appendix.
Dutch patients, retail chicken meat and poultry share the same ESBL genes, plasmids and strains
Article first published online: 4 APR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Clinical Microbiology and Infection © 2011 European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Clinical Microbiology and Infection
Volume 17, Issue 6, pages 873–880, June 2011
How to Cite
Leverstein-van Hall, M. A., Dierikx, C. M., Cohen Stuart, J., Voets, G. M., van den Munckhof, M. P., van Essen-Zandbergen, A., Platteel, T., Fluit, A. C., van de Sande-Bruinsma, N., Scharinga, J., Bonten, M. J. M., Mevius, D. J. and on behalf of the national ESBL surveillance group (2011), Dutch patients, retail chicken meat and poultry share the same ESBL genes, plasmids and strains. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 17: 873–880. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-0691.2011.03497.x
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 FEB 2011 11:21AM EST
- Original Submission: 3 January 2011; Revised Submission: 31 January 2011; Accepted: 7 February 2011 Editor: D. Raoult Article published online: 22 February 2011
- 1ISIS-AR participants. Epidemiology of ESBLs in the Netherlands; origin and treatment (3306). Boston: ICAAC, 2010., , , ,
- 2Anonymous. EARRS annual report 2008. Bilthoven: RIVM, 2009.
- 6Anonymous. Monitoring of Antibiotic Usage and Antimicrobial Resistance in The Netherlands in 2008 (MARAN-2008) March 2010.
- 7Prevalence of Extended-Spectrum-Beta-Lactamase producing E. coli isolates on broiler farms in The Netherlands. Scientific spring meeting of the Dutch Society for Medical Microbiology and the Dutch Society for Microbiology. Arnhem: Ned Tijdschr Med Microbiol 2010; 18: S28–S29., , et al.
- 10Extended-spectrum producing Enterobacteriaceae in retail meat. European Conference on Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID). Vienna: Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 2010..
- 11Anonymous. Monitoring of Antibiotic Usage and Antimicrobial Resistance in The Netherlands in 2006/2007 (MARAN-2007).
- 13ESBL working party N.V.M.M. Guideline of the Dutch Society for Medical Microbiology for screening and confirmation of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL’s) in Enterobacteriaceae. Ned Tijdschr Med Microbiol 2008; 16: 23–28., , ,
- 22Molecular characteristics of extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli isolates causing bacteremia in the Calgary Health Region from 2000 to 2007: emergence of clone ST131 as a cause of community-acquired infections. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2009; 53: 2846–2851., , , .
- 23Characterization of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases produced by Escherichia coli isolated from hospitalized and nonhospitalized patients: emergence of CTX-M-15-producing strains causing urinary tract infections. Microb Drug Resist 2010; 16: 129–134., , et al.