Nepalese origin of cholera epidemic in Haiti
Article first published online: 17 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Clinical Microbiology and Infection © 2012 European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Clinical Microbiology and Infection
Volume 18, Issue 6, pages E158–E163, June 2012
How to Cite
Frerichs, R. R., Keim, P.S., Barrais, R. and Piarroux, R. (2012), Nepalese origin of cholera epidemic in Haiti. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 18: E158–E163. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-0691.2012.03841.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 MAR 2012 03:28AM EST
- Original Submission: 11 January 2012; Revised Submission: 10 March 2012; Accepted: 12 March 2012 Editor: D. Raoult; Article published online: 14 March 2012
- 3Cholera in Haiti – The Climate Connection. Circle of Blue Waternews. Available at: http://www.circleofblue.org/waternews/2010/world/hold-cholera-in-haiti-the-climate-connection/ (last accessed on 28 March 2012)..
- 4Earthquake not to blame for cholera outbreak in Haiti. National Public Radio NPR. Available at: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2010/10/26/130832317/earthquake-had-nothing-to-do-with-cholera-outbreak-haiti (last accessed on 28 March 2012)..
- 5UN Investigates Cholera Spread in Haiti. In: Walker S. Haiti, a year in reports. Al Jazeera English, 27 October 2010. Available at: http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/aljazeeracorrespondent/2011/09/2011913144553324479.html (last accessed on 28 March 2012)..
- 6UN probes base as source of Haiti cholera outbreak. Associated Press, 28 October 2010. Available at: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/10/28/un-probes-base-source-haiti-cholera-outbreak.html (last accessed on 28 March 2012..
- 7Haitian Red Cross and International Federation of Red Cross, Psychosocial Support Program. Cholera outbreak: note on community beliefs, feelings and perceptions. December 2010. Available at: http://haiti.humanitarianresponse.info/LinkClick.aspx?link=HRC+PSP+-+Cholera+beliefs+and+perceptions.pdf&tabid=77&mid=860 (last accessed on 28 March 2012).
- 8Final report of the independent panel of experts on the cholera outbreak in Haiti. New York, NY. United Nations, 4 May 2011. Available at: http://www.un.org/News/dh/infocus/haiti/UN-cholera-report-final.pdf (last accessed on 28 March 2012)., , , .
- 10Source of cholera outbreak may never be known. Miami Herald, 20 November 2010. Cited in: Tasker F, Robles F. Source of cholera outbreak may never be known. Island Journal. 22 November 2010. Available at: http://www.islandjournal.net/reportc.htm?section=caribbeannewsnow&story=Source-of-Haiti's-cholera-outbreak-may-never-be-known&id=27601&catid=2 (last accessed on 28 March 2012), .
- 11Update: Cholera outbreak – Haiti, 2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2010; 59: 1586–1590. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5945a1.htm (last accessed on 28 March 2012)..