Author Deceased. - see Acknowledgements.
Randomized controlled double-blind trial of optimal dose methylphenidate in children and adolescents with severe attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and intellectual disability
Article first published online: 7 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry © 2012 Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry
Volume 54, Issue 5, pages 527–535, May 2013
How to Cite
Simonoff, E., Taylor, E., Baird, G., Bernard, S., Chadwick, O., Liang, H., Whitwell, S., Riemer, K., Sharma, K., Sharma, S. P., Wood, N., Kelly, J., Golaszewski, A., Kennedy, J., Rodney, L., West, N., Walwyn, R. and Jichi, F. (2013), Randomized controlled double-blind trial of optimal dose methylphenidate in children and adolescents with severe attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and intellectual disability. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 54: 527–535. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-7610.2012.02569.x
Conflict of interest statement: No conflicts declared - see Acknowledgment for others contributing to the trial.
- Issue published online: 12 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 7 JUN 2012
- Accepted for publication: 6 February 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 2An Update on Medication Management of Behavioral Disorders in Autism, Current Psychiatry Reports, 2014, 16, 3, ,
- 3Behavior and Adaptive Functioning in Adolescents With Down Syndrome: Specifying Targets for Intervention, Journal of Mental Health Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 2014, 7, 4, 287, , , , ,
- 4Pharmacological treatments prescribed to people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in primary health care, Psychopharmacology, 2014, 231, 6, 1011, , , , , , , ,
- 5Polypharmacy in the treatment of subjects with intellectual disability, Journal of Neural Transmission, 2014,, , ,
- 6The use of stimulant medications for non-core aspects of ADHD and in other disorders, Neuropharmacology, 2014, 87, 161, ,
- 7A randomized controlled trial investigating the effects of PCSO-524®, a patented oil extract of the New Zealand green lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus), on the behaviour, mood, cognition and neurophysiology of children and adolescents (aged 6–14 years) experiencing clinical and sub-clinical levels of hyperactivity and inattention: study protocol ACTRN12610000978066, Nutrition Journal, 2013, 12, 1, 100, , , , , , ,
- 8Commentary: Filling out the evidence base for treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms in children with intellectual and developmental disability: conclusions for clinicians – a response to Simonoff et al. (2013), Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 2013, 54, 6,
- 10Prevalence and characteristics of psychotropic drug use in institutionalized children and adolescents with mild intellectual disability, Research in Developmental Disabilities, 2013, 34, 10, 3159, , , , , ,