- 1The external and internal features of the head of Ligia oceanica are described, and a terminology proposed for them and for similar structures in all terrestrial Isopods.
- 2The 1st thoracic somite is shown to be distinctly demarcated from the head in this genus.
- 3The “maxillosternal” framework and the endophragmal skeleton is described and its morphology discussed.
- 4The mechanism and structure of the appendages of the head is described and compared with that of other Isopods.
- 5The musculature of the head is described and its bearing on the form of the head and mechanism of the appendages is discussed.
If you can't find a tool you're looking for, please click the link at the top of the page to "Go to old article view". Alternatively, view our Knowledge Base articles for additional help. Your feedback is important to us, so please let us know if you have comments or ideas for improvement.