- 1The anatomy of the nasal fossa is described for a gorilla foetus approaching term.
- 2Of the paranasal sinuses, a maxillary and a posterior ethmoidal sinus alone are present and are well established.
- 3Sphenoidal, frontal and anterior ethmoidal sinuses have not as yet begun to develop.
- 4Beneath a prominent bulla ethmoidalis and above a strongly developed plica semilunaris, an ostium maxillare opens directly into the middle meatus.
- 5In addition to a naso-turbinal, a maxillo-turbinal and ethmoturbinals I and II, a rudimentary ethmoturbinal III is present.