*This work was carried nut while the author held a Research Studentship from the Agricultural Research Council in the Department of Zoology, Cambridge. I should like to express my thanks to Dr W. H. Thorpe and Dr R. A. Hinde for their advice and encouragement throughout, this work, and also to Professor Sir Jaines Gray for permission to work in his department.
THE RELATION BETWEEN HUNGER, ACTIVITY AND WORKER FUNCTION IN AN ANT COLONY*
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2009
1962 The Zoological Society of London
Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London
Volume 139, Issue 4, pages 589–605, December 1962
How to Cite
Wallis, D. I. (1962), THE RELATION BETWEEN HUNGER, ACTIVITY AND WORKER FUNCTION IN AN ANT COLONY. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London, 139: 589–605. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-7998.1962.tb01595.x
†Department of Physiology, Marischai College, Aberdeen.
- Issue published online: 30 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2009
- Accepted 12th December, 1961
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!