J.O.Y. is grateful to the Natural Environment Research Council for a research grant which supported this work. Thanks are expressed to the owners of Crose Mere and Llyn-y-Cadair for permission to take samples of leeches, to Mrs G. Williams for assistance in maintaining leech cultures in the final year of the study, and to Professor T. B. Reynoldson for helpful comments on a draft of the manuscript.
The influence of temperature on the life cycle and occurrence of three species of lake-dwelling leeches (Annelida: Hirudinea)
Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2009
Journal of Zoology
Volume 196, Issue 4, pages 519–543, April 1982
How to Cite
Young, J. O. and Ironmonger, J. W. (1982), The influence of temperature on the life cycle and occurrence of three species of lake-dwelling leeches (Annelida: Hirudinea). Journal of Zoology, 196: 519–543. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-7998.1982.tb03522.x
- Issue online: 20 AUG 2009
- Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2009
- Accepted 11 August 1981
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!