Editor: Nigel Bennett
Can a spider web be too sticky? Tensile mechanics constrains the evolution of capture spiral stickiness in orb-weaving spiders
Article first published online: 13 MAR 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 The Zoological Society of London
Journal of Zoology
Volume 278, Issue 2, pages 134–140, June 2009
How to Cite
Agnarsson, I. and Blackledge, T. A. (2009), Can a spider web be too sticky? Tensile mechanics constrains the evolution of capture spiral stickiness in orb-weaving spiders. Journal of Zoology, 278: 134–140. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-7998.2009.00558.x
- Issue published online: 21 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 13 MAR 2009
- Received 21 October 2008; revised 5 January 2009; accepted 22 January 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!