*This article was awarded the annual ASEN/Nations and Nationalism Prize for 2005 for the best article submitted by a postgraduate student. I would like to express my gratitude to Alexei Miller, Maria Kovacs, Selim Deringil and Erica Benner for their academic guidance. Very special thanks should go to Umut Özkιrιmlι and Stefania Costache for their invaluable aid without which this article could have never been written.
Contextualising ‘Turkification’: nation-building in the late Ottoman Empire, 1908–18*
Version of Record online: 27 SEP 2005
Nations and Nationalism
Volume 11, Issue 4, pages 613–636, October 2005
How to Cite
Ülker, E. (2005), Contextualising ‘Turkification’: nation-building in the late Ottoman Empire, 1908–18. Nations and Nationalism, 11: 613–636. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8129.2005.00222.x
- Issue online: 27 SEP 2005
- Version of Record online: 27 SEP 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!