†Acknowledgements: Research for this article was supported by a grant from the Economic and Social Research Council (RES-000-22-2728). Earlier versions were presented at the 49th annual ISA Convention, San Francisco, USA, and at the 1st Durham International Affairs Conference, Durham University, UK (both March 2008). The author would like to thank the two anonymous referees for their very helpful comments.
Democracy, nationalism and (lack of) sovereignty: the complex dynamics of democratisation in unrecognised states†
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2011
© ASEN/Blackwell Publishing Ltd 2011
Nations and Nationalism
Volume 17, Issue 2, pages 337–356, April 2011
How to Cite
CASPERSEN, N. (2011), Democracy, nationalism and (lack of) sovereignty: the complex dynamics of democratisation in unrecognised states. Nations and Nationalism, 17: 337–356. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8129.2010.00471.x
- Issue published online: 11 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!