SUGGESTED INVOLVEMENT OF CALCIUM AND CALMODULIN IN THE RESPONSES OF STOMATA TO ABSCISIC ACID
Article first published online: 2 MAY 2006
Volume 101, Issue 4, pages 555–563, December 1985
How to Cite
DE SILVA, D. L. R., COX, R. C., HETHERINGTON, A. M. and MANSFIELD, T. A. (1985), SUGGESTED INVOLVEMENT OF CALCIUM AND CALMODULIN IN THE RESPONSES OF STOMATA TO ABSCISIC ACID. New Phytologist, 101: 555–563. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1985.tb02861.x
- Issue published online: 2 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 2 MAY 2006
- (Accepted 28 August 1985)
- 1985 A calcium antagonist binding site in plants. In: Molecular and Cellular Aspects of Calcium in Plant Development (Ed. by A. J.Trewavas) (In press). , &
- 1983 Intracellular Calcium. Wiley, Chichester .
- 1985 Synergism between calcium ions and abscisic acid in preventing stomatal opening. New Phytologist 100: 473–482. , &
- 1984 Calmodulin and calmodulin-mediated processes in plants. Plant, Cell & Environment 7: 371–380.
- 1985 Calmodulin binding drugs trifluoperazine and compound 48/80 modify stomatal responses of Commelina communis L. Journal of Plant Physiology 118: 177–187. , &
- 1985 Binding of verapamil to maize root membranes. In: Molecular and Cellular Aspects of Calcium in Plant Development (Ed. by A. J.Trewavas) (In press). &
- 1985 Calcium involvement in plant hormone action. In: Molecular and Cellular Aspects of Calcium in Plant Development (Ed. by A. J.Trewavas) (In press).
- 1982 Inhibition of stomatal opening by cyclic ‘crown’ polyethers in Commelina communis and a correlation with lipophilicity and bonding. Inorganica Chimica Acta 66: 1–6. , , , , &
- 1983 A comparison between sodium and potassium in the inhibition of stomatal opening by cyclic ‘crown’ polyethers. Inorganica Chimica Acta 69: 89–92. , , , &
- 1982 Compound 48/80: a powerful and specific inhibitor of calmodulin-dependent Ca2+-transport ATPase. IRCS Medical Science 11: 12–13. , &
- 1985 Characterization of calcium channels in carrot cells. In: Molecular and Cellular Aspects of Calcium in Plant Development (Ed. by A. J.Trewavas) (In press). &
- 1985 Calcium and plant development. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 36: 397–439. &
- 1984 Binding of nitrendipine, a calcium channel blocker, to pea shoot membranes. Plant Science Letters 35: 109–113. &
- 1985 The effect of ETH 1001 on ion fluxes across red blood cell membranes. Cell Calcium 6: 265–279. &
- 1984 Calcium, calmodulin, and the action of plant hormones. Trends in Biochemical Sciences, January 1984, 4–5.
- 1982 Chloride transport in stomatal guard cells. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London B299: 469–491.
- 1985 Mechanisms for leaf control of gas exchange. BioScience 35: 158–164. &
- 1982 Light-induced Ca2+ uptake by intact chloroplasts. FEBS Letters, 139, 250–254. , &
- 1982 Differential abaxial and adaxial stomatal responses to indole-3-acetic acid in Commelina communis L. New Phytologist 90: 209–219.
- 1979 The effects of Benzo-18-crown-6, a synthetic ionophore, on stomatal opening, and its interaction with abscisic acid. Plant Cell and Environment 2: 211–219. , , , , &
- 1984 Cellular action of calcium channel blocking drugs. Annual Review of Medicine 35: 325–339. &
- 1982a). Stomatal sensitivity to abscisic acid: can it be defined Plant Cell and Environment 5: 309–311. & (
- 1982b). Control of the CO2 responses of stomata by indol-3-ylacetic acid and abscisic acid. Journal of Experimental Botany 33: 360–365. & (
- 1984 Studies of the inhibition of stomatal opening by napth-1-ylacetic acid and abscisic acid. Journal of Experimental Botany 35: 1410–1418. &
- 1957 Mechanical properties of the Avena coleoptile as related to auxin and to ionic interactions. Plant Physiology 32: 207–212. &
- 1981 Selection and preparation of leaf epidermis for experiments on stomatal physiology. Journal of Experimental Botany 32: 837–850. &
- 1983 Stomata. Longman, London .