Florida Agricultural Experiment Station Journal Series No. 6277.
HOST DETERMINANTS OF MYCORRHIZAL DEPENDENCY OF CITRUS ROOTSTOCK SEEDLINGS
Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2006
Volume 101, Issue 4, pages 667–676, December 1985
How to Cite
GRAHAM, J. H. and SYVERTSEN, J. P. (1985), HOST DETERMINANTS OF MYCORRHIZAL DEPENDENCY OF CITRUS ROOTSTOCK SEEDLINGS. New Phytologist, 101: 667–676. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1985.tb02872.x
- Issue online: 2 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2006
- (Accepted 15 August 1985)
- 1982 Influence of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae on water movement through Bouteloua gracilis (H.B.K.) Lag ex Steud. New Phytologist 91: 191–196.
- 1983 Effects of two species of VA mycorrhizal fungi on drought tolerance of wheat. New Phytologist 93: 61–76. &
- 1981 Comparative water relations and photosynthesis of mycorrhizal and non-mycorrhizal Bouteloua gracilis (H.B.K.) Lag ex Steud. New Phytologist 88: 683–693. , , &
- 1981 Factors affecting the vesicular-arbuscular infection and mycorrhizal dependency of thirteen wheat cultivars. New Phytologist 87: 677–685. &
- 1967 Experiments on the ecological significance of phycomycetous mycorrhizas. New Phytologist 66: 231–243.
- 1970 Root hairs and phycomycetous mycorrhizas in phosphorus-deficient soil. Plant Soil 33: 713–716.
- 1975 The magnolioid mycorrhiza and mycotrophy in root systems derived from it. In: Endomycorrhizas (Ed. by F. E.Sanders, B.Mosse & P. B.Tinker), pp. 373–389. Academic Press, London .
- 1979 Anatomy and morphology of field sampled citrus fibrous roots as influenced by sampling depth and rootstock. HortScience 14: 603–605. &
- 1984 Influence of mycorrhizal fungi on cytokinin production in sour orange. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 109: 587–590. , &
- 1973 Leaf analysis as a diagnostic tool and guide to fertilization. In: The Citrus Industry, vol. 3: Production Technology (Ed. By W.Reuther), pp. 183–210. University of California Press, Berkeley . , , &
- 1975 Vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae. In: The Development and Function of Roots (Ed. by J. G.Torrey and D. T.Clarkson), pp. 575–591. Academic Press, London .
- 1981 Membrane-mediated decrease in root exudation responsible for phosphorus inhibition of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza formation. Plant Physiology 68: 548–552. , &
- 1982 Development of external hyphae by different isolates of mycorrhizal Glomus spp. in relation to root colonization and growth of Troyer citrange. New Phytologist 91: 183–189. , &
- 1984 Influence of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza on the hydraulic conductivity of roots of two citrus rootstocks. New Phytologist 97: 277–284. &
- 1975 Endomycorrhizas of Metrosideros umbellata and Weinmannia racemosa. New Zealand Journal of Botany 13: 463–72.
- 1981 The influence of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza on growth and water relations of red clover. I. In phosphate deficient soil. New Phytologist 89: 599–608. &
- 1971 Plant growth responses to vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza. I. Growth of Endogone-inoculated plants in phosphate-deficient soils. New Phytologist 70: 19–27. &
- 1984 Phosphorus nutrition on mycorrhizal colonization, photosynthesis, growth and nutrient composition of Citrus aurantium. Plant and Soil 80: 35–42.
- 1972 Stunting of citrus seedlings in fumigated nursery soils related to the absence of endomycorrhizae. Phytopathology 62: 1447–1453. &
- 1966 Seasonal variations in the proportions of the suberized and unsuberized roots of trees in relation to absorption of water. American Journal of Botany 53: 200–204. &
- 1953 Determination of P, Ca, Mg, K, Na, NH4 by the North Carolina Soil Testing Laboratory. North Carolina State University, Raleigh.
- 1977 Mycorrhizal dependency of six citrus cultivars, 68 pp. Ph.D. thesis. University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- 1978 Mycorrhizal dependency of several citrus cultivars under three nutrient regimes. New Phytologist 81: 553–559. , &
- 1972a). The influence of soil type and Endogone strain on the growth of mycorrhizal plants in phosphorus deficient soils. Review of the Ecological Biology Society 9: 529–537. (
- 1972b). Effects of different Endogone strains on the growth of Paspalum notatum. Nature 239: 221–223. (
- 1982 The water relations of well-watered, mycorrhizal, and non-mycorrhizal onion plants. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 107: 271–274. &
- 1978 Response of six citrus rootstocks to three species of Glomus, a mycorrhizal fungus. Proceedings of the Florida State Horticultural Society 91: 10–14.
- 1983 The mycorrhizal dependency of four hardwood tree species. Canadian Journal of Botany 61: 412–417. , , &
- 1984 Hydraulic conductance as a factor limiting leaf expansion of phosphorus-deficient cotton plants. Plant Physiology 75: 372–377. &
- 1972 Nutrient status and mycorrhizal enhancement of water transport in soybean. Plant Physiology 49: 700–703. , &
- 1972 Endomycorrhizal fungi and the development of citrus seedlings in Florida fumigated soils. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 99: 284–287. &
- 1982 Carbon dioxide and water vapour exchange of leaves on field-grown citrus trees. Journal of Experimental Botany 33: 1166–1175. &
- 1980 Relation of internal phosphorus concentration and plant weight in plants infected by vesiscular-arbuscular mycorrhizas. New Phytologist 86: 261–266. , &
- 1981 Hydraulic conductivity of four commercial citrus rootstocks. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 106: 379–381.
- 1984 Light acclimation of citrus leaves. II. CO2 assimilation and light, water and nitrogen use efficiency. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 109: 812–817.
- 1985 Hydraulic conductivity of roots, mineral nutrition and leaf gas exchange of citrus rootstocks. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 110: (In press). &
- 1975 A test of a modified line intersect method of estimating root length. Journal of Ecology 63: 995–1001.
- Walsh, L. M., (ed.) 1971 Instrumental Analysis of Soils and Plant Tissue, 222 pp. Soil Science Society of America. Madison , Wisconsin .