RELATIVE CHANGES IN LEVELS OF POLYAMINES AND ACTIVITIES OF THEIR BIOSYNTHETIC ENZYMES IN BARLEY INFECTED WITH THE POWDERY MILDEW FUNGUS, ERYSIPHE GRAMINIS D.C. ex MERAT f.sp. HORDEI MARCHAL
Article first published online: 2 MAY 2006
Volume 101, Issue 4, pages 695–705, December 1985
How to Cite
WALTERS, D. R., WILSON, P. W. F. and SHUTTLETON, M. A. (1985), RELATIVE CHANGES IN LEVELS OF POLYAMINES AND ACTIVITIES OF THEIR BIOSYNTHETIC ENZYMES IN BARLEY INFECTED WITH THE POWDERY MILDEW FUNGUS, ERYSIPHE GRAMINIS D.C. ex MERAT f.sp. HORDEI MARCHAL. New Phytologist, 101: 695–705. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1985.tb02875.x
- Issue published online: 2 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 2 MAY 2006
- (Accepted 25 July 1985)
- 1983 Photosynthesis and chloroplast functioning in leaves of barley infected with brown rust. Physiological Plant Pathology 23: 411–419. , &
- 1985 Membrane integrity in leaves of barley infected with brown rust: an examination using tracer efflux and in vivo chlorophyll fluorescence. New Phytologist 99: 107–115. , &
- 1973 Polyamines bound to tRNA and rRNA of eukaryotic plant organisms. Physiologia Plantarum 29: 218–222. , &
- 1984 Polyamines and leaf senescence in pyrrolizidine alkaloid-bearing Heliotropium plants. Phytochemistry 23: 991–997. , , &
- 1982 The biochemistry of host-rust interactions. In: The Rust Fungi (Ed. by K. J.Scott & A. K.Chakravorty), pp. 180–203. Academic Press, London . &
- 1983 Involvement of polyamines in cell division of various plant tissues. In: Advances in Polyamine Research, vol. 4 (Ed. by U.Bachrach, A.Kaye & R.Chayen), pp. 443–444. , , &
- 1981 Effects of polyamines in fruit set of apples (cv. Rubyspur). Symposium on growth regulators in fruit production. Acta Horticulturae 120: 239. &
- 1982 Polyamines and plant stress: activation of putrescine biosynthesis by osmotic shock. Science 217: 1259–1261. &
- 1983 Polyamines as modulators of plant development. Bioscience 33: 382–387.
- 1984 Amines in barley leaves infected by brown rust and their possible relevance to formation of ‘green-islands’. New Phytologist 96: 283–291. &
- 1951 Protein determination with the Folin phenol reagent. Journal of Biological Chemistry 193: 265–275. , , &
- 1983 Translational activity of polysomes of barley leaves during infection by Erysiphe graminis f.sp. hordei. Phytopathology 73: 1386–1392. &
- 1984 Ornithine decarboxylase activity and the hypersensitive reaction to tobacco mosaic virus in Nicotiana tabacum. Phytochemistry 23: 2747–2751. , &
- 1979 Stabilization of thylakoid membranes by spermine during stress-induced senescence of barley leaf disks. Plant Physiology 64: 721–726. , , &
- 1984 Polyamines bound to nucleic acids during dormancy and activation of tuber cells of Helianthus tuberosus. Physiologia Plantarum 60: 351–357. , &
- 1969 The level and distribution of amines in barley as affected by potassium nutrition, arginine level, temperature fluctuation and mildew infection. Plant and Soil 30: 423–438.
- 1984 The physiology and biochemistry of polyamines in plants. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 235: 283–303. , &
- 1977 Recent advances in the biochemistry of plant amines. In: Progress in Phytochemistry, vol. 4 (Ed. by L.Reinhold, J. B.Harborne & T.Swain), pp. 27–81. Pergamon Press, Oxford .
- 1979 Arginine decarboxylase of oat seedlings. Phytochemistry 18: 1447–1452.
- 1970 Biochemical role of naturally occurring polyamines in nucleic acid synthesis. Biological Reviews 45: 1–27.
- 1985 Polyamines in the roots of turnip infected with Plasmodiophora brassicae Wor. New Phytologist 100: 209–214. &
- 1983 Putrescine and acid stress. Induction of arginine decarboxylase activity and putrescine accumulation by low pH. Plant Physiology 71: 767–771. &