Growth dynamics and water use of seedlings of Quercus alba L. in CO2-enriched atmospheres
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 111, Issue 3, pages 491–500, March 1989
How to Cite
NORBY, R. J. and O'NEILL, E. G. (1989), Growth dynamics and water use of seedlings of Quercus alba L. in CO2-enriched atmospheres. New Phytologist, 111: 491–500. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1989.tb00712.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 23 August 1988; accepted 20 November 1988)
- 1966), Applications of multivariate analysis of variance to repeated measurements experiments. Biometrics 22, 810–828. & (
- 1988), The influence of CO2, enrichment, phosphorus deficiency and water stress on the growth, conductance and water use of Pinus radiata D. Don. Plant, Cell and Environment 11, 91–98. , , & (
- 1986 Growth analysis of mycorrhizal and nonmycorrhizal black oak (Quercus velutina Lam.) seedlings, New Phytologist 103, 473–480. , , &
- 1985), Photosynthetic inhibition after long-term exposure to elevated levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Photosynthesis Research 7, 175–184. , & (
- 1986 Studies of Quercus rubra L. seedling dry matter accumulation, morphological development, and carbon dioxide exchange under controlled conditions. PhD Thesis, University of Minnesota, St Paul .
- 1987a). Ontogenetic patterns of CO2, exchange of Quercus rubra L. leaves during three Hushes of shoot growth. I. Median flush leaves. Forest Science 34, 55–68. , , & (
- 1987b). Ontogenetic patterns of CO2 exchange of Quercus rubra L. leaves during three Hushes of shoot growth. II Insertion gradients of leaf photosynthesis. Forest Science 34, 69–76. , , & (
- 1987), Gas exchange and dry matter allocation responses to elevation of atmospheric CO2, concentration in seedlings of three three species. Tree Physiology 3, 193–202. (
- 1987 Plant Growth Analysis. Arnold, London .
- 1979 Physiology of Woody Plants. Academic Press, New York . &
- 1980 Physiological Plant Ecology. Springer-Verlag, Berlin .
- 1939 The nitrogen nutrition and growth of certain deciduous trees of northeastern United States. Black Rock Forest Bulletin No. 11. &
- 1965), A contribution to the anatomical development of the acorn in Quercus L. lowa State Journal of Science 40, 221–255. (
- 1985), Sensitivity of stomata and water use efficiency to high CO2. Plant, Cell and Environment 8, 467–474. (
- 1984 Plant responses to elevated atmospheric CO2 with emphasis on belowground process. ORNL/TM-9426. Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN. , , &
- 1986a). Effects of atmospheric CO2 enrichment on the growth and mineral nutrition of Quercus alba seedlings in nutrient-poor soil. Plant Physiology 82, 83–89. , & (
- 1986b). Carbon nitrogen interactions in CO2 enriched white oak: physiological and king-term perspectives. Tree Physiology 22, 233–241. , & (
- 1965 Native species responses to increased atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration. In; Direct Effects of Increasing Carbon Dioxide on Vegetation (Ed. by H. R.Strain & J. D.Cure), pp. 117–154. DOE/ER-0238. U.S. Department of Energy, Washington , D.C . &
- 1960), The growth of seedlings of Quercus petraea. Journal of Ecology 48, 549–555. & (
- 1988), Response of northern forests to CO2-induced climate change. Nature 334, 55–58. & (
- 1980 Periodic root and shoot growth in oak. Forest Science 26 590–598. , , &
- 1956 On the growth of the acorn in root growth of American oak seedlings. Mededelingen van de Landbouwhogeschool te Wageningen, Nederland 56 (12), 1–18.
- 1985 The global cycle of carbon. In: Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide and the Global Carbon Cycle (Ed. by J. R.Trabalka), pp. 1–13. DOH/ER-0239. U.S. Department of Energy, Washington , D.C . , , &
- 1985 A relationship between carbon dioxide photosynthetic efficiency and shade tolerance Physiologia Plantarum 63, 126–132. &
- 1986), The responses of plants to elevated CO2 IV. Two deciduous-forest tree communities. Oecologia 60, 454–459. , , & (