Cooperative investigations of the USDA-Agricultural Research Service and the Utah Agricultural Experiment Station, Logan, Utah 84322. Approved as Journal Paper No. 3761.
Oligosaccharides in foliage of Agropyron, Bromus, Dactylis, Festuca, Lolium and Phleum*
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 114, Issue 2, pages 167–171, February 1990
How to Cite
CHATTERTON, N. J., HARRISON, P. A., THORNLEY, W. R. and DRAPER, E. A. (1990), Oligosaccharides in foliage of Agropyron, Bromus, Dactylis, Festuca, Lolium and Phleum. New Phytologist, 114: 167–171. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1990.tb00387.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Received 18 July 1989; accepted 20 October 1989
- 1988. Fructan biosynthesis in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum L. I. Chromatographic characterization of oligofructans and their labelling patterns following 14CO2 feeding. New Phytologist 109, 399–405. &
- 1989a. Carbohydrate partitioning in 185 accessions of Gramineae under warm and cool temperatures. Journal of Plant Physiology 134, 169–179. , , &
- 1988a. Characterization of sucrose: sucrose fructosyltransferase from crested wheatgrass. New Phytologist 109, 29–33. , , &
- 1989b. Purification and quantification of kestose (fructosylsucroses) by gel permeation and anion exchange chromatography. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 27, 289–295. , , &
- 1988b. Dynamics of fructan and sucrose biosynthesis in crested wheatgrass. Plant and Cell Physiology 29, 1103–1108. , , &
- 1968. The mechanism of fructosan metabolism in higher plants as exemplified in Helianthus tuberosus. New Phytologist 67, 517–531. &
- 1980. Carbohydrate detection gains potential. Nature 321, 451–452.
- 1984. Occurrence and distribution of storage carbohydrates in vascular plants In: Storage Carbohydrates in Vascular Plants (Ed. by D. H.Lewis), pp. 1–52. Cambridge University Press.
- 1979. Pathway of fructosan synthesis in leaf bases of Dactylis glomerata Phytochemistry 18, 777–779.
- 1982. Oligosaccharide intermediates of fructan synthesis in Lolium temulentum. Phytochemistry 21, 2461–2465.
- 1984. Sucrose accumulation and the initiation of fructan biosynthesis in Lolium temulentum L. New Phytologist 96, 527–534.
- 1988. Fructans. In: The Biochemistry of Plants (Ed. by J.Preiss), pp. 109–140. Academic-Press, New York . &
- 1985. Fructans. In: Biochemistry of Storage Carbohydrates in Green Plants (Ed. by P. M.Dey and R. A.Dixon), pp. 205–227. Academic Press, New York . &
- 1983. Determination of carbohydrates by anion exchange chromatography with pulsed amperometric detection. Journal of Liquid Chromatography 6, 1577–1590. , &
- 1989. Fructans in forage grasses with varying degrees of coldhardiness. Journal of Plant Physiology 134, 224–231.
- 1988. Fructan in winterwheat, triticale, and fall rye cultivars of varying cold hardiness. Canadian Journal of Botany 66, 1723–1728. &
- 1986. Extraction and characterization of the enzymes of fructan biosynthesis in timothy (Phleum pratense). Canadian Journal of Botany 64, 1884–1887. , &
- 1987. Enzymology of fructan synthesis in grasses: properties of sucrose-sucrose-fructosyltransferase in barley leaves (Hordeum vulgare L. ev. Gerbel). Plant Physiology 85, 706–710. , &