Present address: NRL Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TB.
The uptake of glucose, fructose and sucrose into the lower epidermis of leaf discs of pea (Pisum sativum L. cv. Argenteum)
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 123, Issue 2, pages 271–276, February 1993
How to Cite
AKED, J. and HALL, J. L. (1993), The uptake of glucose, fructose and sucrose into the lower epidermis of leaf discs of pea (Pisum sativum L. cv. Argenteum). New Phytologist, 123: 271–276. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03735.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 24 December 1991; accepted 25 September 1992)
- 1987. Effect of SW26 and erythrosin B and ATPase activity and related processes in Ricinus cotyledons and cucumber hypocotyls. Plant Science 52: 1–5. , , .
- 1978. Accumulation of solutes in relation to the structure and function of haustoria in powdery mildews. In: SpencerDM ed. The powdery mildews. London , New York , San Fransisco : Academic Press, 183–235. , .
- 1986. Kinetics of sugar transport in isolated vascular bundles and phloem tissues of celery. Journal of American Horticultural Science 111: 216–220.
- 1981. Sugar uptake in lily pollen. A proton symport. Plant Physiology 67: 793–796. , , .
- 1977. Uptake and metabolism of carbohydrates by epidermal tissue. Planta 134: 83–90. ,
- 1987. Permeability of the parasitic interface in powdery mildews. Physiological and Molecula Plant Pathology 30: 389–399. , .
- 1979. Phloem loading of sucrose: involvement of membrane ATPase and proton transport. Plant Physiology 63: 744–748.
- 1983. Phloem loading of sucrose. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 34: 347–387. .
- 1975. Versatile properties of a non-saturable homogeneous transport system in Bacillus subtilis: genetic, kinetic and affinity labelling studies. Proceedings of the National Academy Science, USA 72: 814–818. , , .
- 1978. Characteristics of sugar uptake in hypocoyls of cotton. Plant Physiology 62: 846–850. , , .
- 1970. Properties and the formation of squash high-affinity glucose transport system. Canadian Journal of Botany 48: 1515–1520. .
- 1986. Substrate recognition by a sucrose transporting protein. Journal of Biochemical Chemistry 261: 11986–11991. , , .
- 1980. Epidermal air spaces: basis for the phenotypic expression of the argenteum mutant of Pisum. American Journal of Botany 67: 905–911. , , .
- 1982. Stomatal responses of Argenteum - a mutant of Pisum sativum L. with readily detachable leaf epidermis. Planta 155: 146–153. , ,
- 1978. Argenteum: A mutant under nuclear and extra nuclear control. Pisum Newsletter 10: 34–37.
- 1982a. A reanalysis of the two-component phloem loading system in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiology 69: 734–739. , .
- 1982 b. Sucrose and glucose uptake into Beta vulgaris leaf tissues. Plant Physiology 70: 1436–1443. , .
- 1984. Parachloromercuribenzenesulfonic acid: a potential tool for differential labeling of the sucrose transporter. Plant Physiology 75: 154–160. ,
- 1968. Transport of 3-O-methylglucose into and out of storage cells of Daunts carota. Plant Physiology 43: 1023–1030. ,
- 1984. Membrane transport of sugars and amino acids. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 35: 45–83. ,
- 1974. Multiphasic amino acid transport in leaf cells. In: ZimmermanU, DaintyJ, eds. Membrane transport in plants. Berlin : Springer-Verlag, 338–342. ,
- 1988. Phloem loading and transport of endogenously or exogenously labelled photo-assimilate in bean, beet, maize and cucurbit. Journal of Experimental Botany 39: 1709–1721. , .
- 1988. Some transport properties of cells within tissues. In: BakerDA, HallJL, eds. Solute transport in plant cells and tissues Harlow : Longman, 220–250. , .
- 1988. Different patterns of vein loading of exogenous [14C]sucrose in leaves of Pisum sativum and Coleus blumei. Plant Physiology 87: 179–182. , .
- 1985. Sugar uptake into Allium cepa leaf tissue: an integrated approach. Planta 164: 227–240. , , .