Mineral nutrition in the tripartite interaction between Frankia, Glomus and Alnus at different soil phosphorus regimes
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 123, Issue 2, pages 307–311, February 1993
How to Cite
JHA, D. K., SHARMA, G. D. and MISHRA, R. R. (1993), Mineral nutrition in the tripartite interaction between Frankia, Glomus and Alnus at different soil phosphorus regimes. New Phytologist, 123: 307–311. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03740.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 12 December 1991; accepted 8 August 1992)
- 1974. Chemical Analysis of Ecological Materials. Blackwell Scientific Publications, New Delhi . .
- 1989. Time course of N2-fixation (15N) in the field by clover growing alone or in mixture with ryegrass to improve pasture productivity, and inoculated with vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. New Phytologist 112: 399–404. , ,
- 1989. Mycorrhizal and phosphate interactions as affecting plant development, N, fixation, N-transfer and N-uptake from soil in legume-grass mixtures by using 15N dilution technique. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 21: 581–589. , ,
- 1974. Plant growth responses to vesicular-arbuscular myeorrhiza. VII. Growth and nodulation of some herbage legumes. New Phytologist 73: 743–749. .
- 1985. Symbiosis with endomycorrhizas and nitrogen fixing organisms. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh 85B: 283–298. , , .
- 1976. Arbuscular mycorrhizas in the anthracite and bituminous coal wastes of Pennsylvania. Journal of Applied Ecology 13: 523–531. ,
- 1984. Detection of high phosphorus tolerant VAM-fungi colonizing hops and peppermint. Plant and Soil 81: 29–36. , , .
- 1986. Mycorrhizal status of actinorhizal plants. M IRC EN, Journal of Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 2: 147–160. .
- 1984. Mycorrhizal improvement in non-leguminous nitrogen fixing associations with particular reference to Hippophae rhamnoides L. Plant and Soil 78: 189–200. , ,
- 1980. An evaluation of techniques for measuring vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal infection in roots. New Phytologist 84: 489–500. ,
- 1984. Statistical procedure for agricultural research. 2nd edn. An International Rice Research Institute book. New York : John Wiley and Sons. , .
- 1983. The physiology of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae. Canadian Journal of Botany 61: 944–963. .
- 1968. The acetylene-ethylene assay for N2-fixation: laboratory and field evaluation. Plant Physiology 43: 1185–1207. , , , .
- 1958. Soil chemical analysis. Englewood Cliffs , New Jersey : Prentice-Hall. .
- 1988. P absorbed from soil by mycorrhizal red clover plants as affected by soluble P fertilization. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 20: 61–67. ,
- 1988. Response of Siratro to vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. II. Efficacy of selected vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi at different phosphorus levels. Soil Science Society of America 52: 416–419. , ,
- 1970. Improved procedure of cleaning roots and staining parasitic and vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi for rapid assessment of infection. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 55: 158–161. , .
- 1983. Growth responses of several species of myeorrhiza in a soil of moderate P-fertility. I. Mycorrhizal dependency under field conditions. Plant and Soil 70: 199–209. , ,
- 1981. Interactions between vesicular-arbuscular myeorrhiza and Rhizobium and their effect on sweetvetch growth. Soil Science 132: 410. , .
- 1980. Mycorrhizal association of some actinomycete nodulated nitrogen fixing plants. Canadian Journal of Botany 58: 1449–1454. .
- 1981. Tripartite association in snowbrush. (Caenothus velutinus): effect of vesicular-arbuscular myeorrhiza on growth, nodulation, and nitrogen fixation. Canadian Journal of Botany 59: 34–39. , .
- 1989. Evaluating alder-endophyte (Alnus acuminata- Frankia-mycorrhizae) interactions. II. Acetylene reduction in seedlings inoculated with Frankia strain Ar 13 and Glomus intro-radices under three phosphorus levels. Plant and Soil 118: 151–155. .
- 1987. Growth responses of tropical forage plant species to vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizae. I. Growth, mineral uptake and mycorrhizal dependency. Plant and Soil 97: 25–35. .
- 1979. Effect of early mycorrhizal infection on nodulation and nitrogen fixation in Trifolium subterraneum L. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 6: 305–316. , , .
- 1979. Vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae associated with actinomycetes nodulated shrubs. Cercocarpus montanus RAF and Purshia tridentata (Pursh.) DC. Botanical Gazette 140: S115–S119. .