Effects of phosphate and nitrogen application on death of the root cortex in spring wheat
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 123, Issue 2, pages 375–382, February 1993
How to Cite
ELLIOTT, G. A., ROBSON, A. D. and ABBOTT, L. K. (1993), Effects of phosphate and nitrogen application on death of the root cortex in spring wheat. New Phytologist, 123: 375–382. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03748.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 18 November 1991; accepted 5 October 1992)
- 1973. Physiological ecology of abscission. In: KozlowskiTT, ed. Physiological ecology: a series of monographs, texts and treatises. New York : Academic Press, 85–124. , .
- 1958. Phosphorus. In: BoltzDF, ed. Clorimetric determination of non-metals. New York : Interscience Publishers, 29–46. , .
- 1985. Comparison of rates of natural senescence of the root cortex of wheat (with and without mildew infection), barley, oats and rye. Plant and Soil 84: 129–131. , .
- 1973. Lateritic deep weathering of granite. Journal of Soil Science 24: 523–536. , , .
- 1988. Effects of mineral nutrients on senescence of the cortex of wheat roots and root pieces. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 20: 525–531. , .
- 1981. Natural (non-pathogenic) death of the cortex of wheat and barley seminal roots, as evidenced by nuclear staining with acridine orange. Plant and Soil 60: 255–274. , .
- 1975. Use of nuclear staining to assess rates of cell death in cortices of cereal roots. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 7: 333–334.
- 1959. Analytical methods for use in plant analysis. California Agricultural Experimental Station Bulletin 767: 25–78. ,
- 1982. Effects of shading and powdery mildew infection on the senescence of the root cortex and coleoptile of wheat and barley seedlings, and implications for root and foot-rot fungi. Plant and Soil 69: 401–411. , .
- 1986. Effects of phosphate supply and inoculation with a vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus on the death of the root cortex of wheat, rape and subterranean clover. New Phytologist 103: 349–357. , , .
- 1966. A method for estimating the total root in a sample. Journal of Applied Ecology 3: 139–146.
- 1973. Soil conditions and plant growth. London : Longman. .
- 1986. Rate of natural senescence of seminal root cortical cells of wheat, barley and oats, with reference to invasion by Gaeumannomyces graminis. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 86: 683–685. , .