Present address: Athrofa Gogledd Ddwryain Cymru, Plas Coch, Fford yr Wyddgrug, Wrescam, Clwyd LL11 2AW.
Variability in the distribution of photoassimilates along leaves of temperate Gramineae
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 123, Issue 4, pages 699–703, January 1993
How to Cite
WILLIAMS, J. H. H., COLLIS, B. E., POLLOCK, C. J., WILLIAMS, M. L. and FARRAR, J. F. (1993), Variability in the distribution of photoassimilates along leaves of temperate Gramineae. New Phytologist, 123: 699–703. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03780.x
Presented at the Second International Symposium on Fructan, Aberystwyth, UK, July 1992.
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 16 March 1992; accepted 9 November 1992)
- 1983. Allocation of photosynthetically fixed carbon in Festuca ovina L. and Nardus stricta L. New Phytologist 95: 519–531. , .
- 1988. Fructan biosynthesis in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum L. I. Chromatographic characterisation of oligofructans and their labelling patterns following 14CO2 feeding. New Phytologist 109: 399–405. , .
- 1990. The regulation of sucrose synthesis in leaves of Lolium temulentum L., Ph.D. thesis, University of Wales, Aberystwyth . .
- 1984. Phloem unloading following reactivation in predarkened mature maize leaves. Planta 161: 113–119.
- 1985. Photosynthesis and carbon metabolism in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum L. New Phytologist 99: 499–507. , .
- 1982. The importance of quantitative anatomy in the interpretation of whole leaf biochemistry in species of Triticum, Hordeum and Arena. New Phytologist 92: 39–48. , .
- 1983. Quantitative determination of starch, amylose and amylopectin in plant tissues using glass fiber paper. Analytical Biochemistry 132: 265–271. , , ,
- 1986. Fructans and the metabolism of sucrose in higher plants. New Phytologist 104: 1–24. .
- 1987. The effect of low temperature upon starch, sucrose and fructan synthesis in leaves. Annals of Botany 60: 231–235. , .
- 1987. Control of photosynthetic sucrose formation. In: HatchMD, BoardmanNK, eds. The biochemistry of plants. A comprehensive treatise, vol. 10. San Diego : Academic Press, 327–409. , ,
- 1983. Analysis of the response of leaf extension to chilling temperatures in Lolium temulentum seedlings. Physiologia Plantarum 57: 509–513.
- 1983. Fructan metabolism in cereals. Induction in leaves and compartmentation in protoplasts and vacuoles. Zeitschrift für Pflanzenphysiologie 112: 359–372. , ,
- 1989. Fructan metabolism in expanded primary leaves of barley (Hordeum vulgare L. cv. Gerbel): Change upon ageing and spatial organisation along the leaf blade. Journal of Plant Physiology 134: 237–242. ,
- 1990. Control of barley root respiration by sucrose. Physiologia Plantarum 79: 259–266. , .
- 1989. Cell specialisation within the parenchymatous bundle sheath of barley. Plant, Cell and Environment 12: 909–918. , , .