Presented at the Second International Symposium on Fructan, Aberystwyth, UK, July 1992.
Fructosyltransferase activities from Lolium rigidum Gaudin
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 123, Issue 4, pages 705–715, January 1993
How to Cite
JOHN, J. A. ST., BONNETT, G. D. and SIMPSON, R. J. (1993), Fructosyltransferase activities from Lolium rigidum Gaudin. New Phytologist, 123: 705–715. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03781.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 15 September 1992; accepted 5 November 1992)
- 1953. Kestose: a trisaccharide formed from sucrose by yeast invertase. Journal of the Chemical Society: 24–27. , , , , .
- 1953. A new trisaccharide produced from sucrose by mould invertase. Journal of the Chemical Society. 2528–2530. , .
- 1950. The action of invertase preparations. Archives of Biochemistry 28: 467–468. ,
- 1993. Fructan-hydrolyzing activities from Lolium rigidum Gaudin. New Phytologist 123: 443–445. , .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72: 248–254. .
- 1992. A reconsideration of fructan biosynthesis in storage roots of Asparagus officinalis L. New Phytologist 120: 463–473. .
- 1991. The interpretation of in vitro measurements of fructosyl transferase activity: an analysis of patterns of fructosyl transfer by fungal invertase. New Phytologist 118: 23–34. , .
- 1988. Fructan biosynthesis in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum L. I. Chromatographic characterization of oligofructans and their labelling patterns following 14CO2 feeding. New Phytologist 109: 399–405. , .
- 1989. Fructan biosynthesis in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum L. III. A comparison of the in vitro properties of fructosyl transferase activities with the characteristics of in vivo fructan accumulation. New Phytologist 112: 342–352. , , .
- 1988. Characterization of sucrose: sucrose fructosyltransferase from crested wheatgrass. New Phytologist 109: 29–33. , , , .
- 1972. Role and mechanism of transglycosylation reactions. In: PirasR, PontisHG, eds. Biochemistry of the glycosidic linkage. New York : Academic Press, 21–78.
- 1968. The mechanism of fructosan metabolism in higher plants as exemplified in Helianthus tuberosus. New Phytologist 67: 517–531. , .
- 1986. Compartmentation and fluxes of sucrose in intact leaf blades of barley. New Phytologist 103: 645–657. , .
- 1954. Neokestose, a trisaccharide formed from sucrose by yeast invertase. Journal of the Chemical Society: 1727–1730. , , .
- 1991. Fructosyl transfer from sucrose and oligosaccharides during fructan synthesis in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum L. New Phytologist 119: 491–497. , , , , .
- 1982. Oligosaccharides based on sucrose (sucrosyl oligosaccharides). In: LoewusFA, TannerW, eds. Encyclopedia of plant physiology, new series, vol. 13A. Berlin : Springer-Verlag, 348–383. ,
- 1982. Reserve polysaccharides other than starch in higher plants. In: LoewusFA, TannerW, eds. Encyclopedia of plant physiology, new series, vol. 13A, Berlin : Springer-Verlag, 418–471. , .
- 1986. Tansley Review No. 5. Fructans and the metabolism of sucrose in vascular plants. New Phytologist 104: 1–24. .
- 1981. Purification and characterisation of 6G-fructosyl transferase from the roots of Asparagus (Asparagus officinalis L.). Carbohydrate Research 96: 281–292.
- 1982. Purification and characterisation of 1F-fructosyl transferase from the roots of Asparagus (Asparagus officinalis L.). Carbohydrate Research 99: 157–169.
- 1980. Purification and characterisation of sucrose: sucrose 1-fructosyl transferase from the roots of Asparagus (Asparagus officinalis L.). Agricultural and Biological Chemistry 44: 603–614. ,
- 1985. Purification and properties of sucrose: sucrose 1F-B-D-fructosyltransferase in onion seeds. Phytochemistry 24 (4): 695–698. , ,
- 1991. The separation of complex mixtures of fructo-oligosaccharides from plants. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 29 (3): 257–267. , , , .
- 1991. Molecular biology of fructan accumulation in plants. Biochemical Society Transactions 19: 565–569. , , ,
- 1991a. Fructan metabolism in leaves of Lolium rigidum Gaudin: I. Synthesis of fructan. New Phytologist 119: 509–516. , .
- 19916. Fructan metabolism in leaves of Lolium rigidum Gaudin: II. Fructosyltransferase, invertase and fructan hydrolase activity. New Phytologist 119: 517–526. , .
- 1992. Extraction and purification of preparative amounts of 1-kestose, neokestose, 6-kestose, nystose and inulin-pentasaccharide. In: FuchsA, ed. Inulin and inulin-containing crops. Studies in plant biology. Amsterdam : Elsevier, (in the press). , .
- 1986. Invertase catalysed fructosyl transfer in concentrated solutions of sucrose. Carbohydrate Research 146: 154–159. , ,
- 1986. Extraction and characterisation of the enzymes of fructan biosynthesis in timothy (Phleum pratense L.). Canadian Journal of Botany 64: 1884–1887. , .
- 1983. Fructan metabolism in cereals: induction in leaves and compartmentation in protoplasts and vacuoles. Zeitschrift fur Pflanzenphvsiologie 112: 359–372. , ,
- 1987. Enzymology of fructan synthesis in grasses. Plant Physiology 85: 706–710. ,
- 1992. Fructosyl transferase activity in the tissue-macerating preparation, pectolyase Y-23: physiological role of fructosyl transfer in Aspergillus and significance for studies of fructan synthesis in grasses. New Phytologist 121: 525–534. , , .