Contribution No. 9211 of the U.S. Regional Pasture Research Laboratory. Mention of a proprietary product does not constitute and endorsement or a recommendation for its use by USDA.
Structure and quantity of fructan oligomers in oat (Avena spp.)
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 123, Issue 4, pages 725–734, January 1993
How to Cite
LIVINGSTON, D. P., CHATTERTON, N. J. and HARRISON, P. A. (1993), Structure and quantity of fructan oligomers in oat (Avena spp.). New Phytologist, 123: 725–734. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03783.x
Presented at the Second International Symposium on fructan, Aberystwyth, UK, July 1992.
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 14 July 1992; accepted 9 December 1992)
- 1992. Differences in fructan accumulated in induced and field-grown wheat plants: an elongation-trimming pathway for their synthesis. New Phytologist 120: 313–321. , , .
- 1991. Fructan chemical structure and sensitivity to an exohydrolase. Carbohydrate Research 217: 137–151. , , , .
- 1989. Characteristics of plant species which store different types of reserve carbohydrates. New Phytologist 112: 255–260. , .
- 1988. Fructan biosynthesis in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum L. I. Chromatographic characterization of oligofructans and their labeling patterns following 14CO2 feeding. New Phytologist 109: 399–405. , .
- 1991a. New features of plant-fructan structure revealed by methylation analysis and carbon-13 n.m.r. spectroscopy. Carbohydrate Research 217: 127–136. , , .
- 1991b. Synthesis of inulin oligomers in tissue slices, protoplasts and intact vacuoles of Jerusalem artichoke. Journal of Plant Physiology 138: 204–210. , , , ,
- 1989. Carbohydrate partitioning in 185 accessions of gramineae grown under warm and cold environments. Journal of Plant Physiology 134: 169–179. , , , .
- 1991. DP-3 and DP-4 oligosaccharides in temperate and tropical grass foliage grown under cool temperatures. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 29: 367–372. , , , .
- 1990. Oligosaccharides in foliage of Agropyron, Bromus, Dactylis, Festuca, Lolium and Phleum. New Phytologist 114: 167–171. , , , .
- 1989. Fructan synthesis in wheat leaf blades. Journal of Plant Physiology 134: 192–195. , , .
- 1988. Fructan content and synthesis in leaf tissues of Festuca arundinacea. Plant Physiology 86: 1247–1251. , .
- 1990a. Fructan precipitation from a water/ethanol extract of oats and barley. Plant Physiology 92: 767–769. .
- 1990b. A device for grinding cereal crowns. Crop Science 30: 737–739. .
- 1991. Non-structural carbohydrate accumulation in winter oat crowns before and during cold hardening. Crop Science 31: 751–755. .
- 1990. Zero dead volume flow diversion system for fraction collectors. Journal of Chromatographic Science 28: 497–500. , .
- 1993. Fructan and sugars in 273 oat (Arena spp.) accessions. Crop Science (in the press). , , .
- 1982. Non starch storage polysaccharides of vegetative tissues. In: LoewusFA, TannerW, eds. Encyclopedia of plant physiology, vol. 13A. Berlin , Heidelberg , New York : Springer-Verlag. , .
- 1961. Untersuchungen uber polyfructosane, LIX der Kohlenhydratstorfwechsel im hafer. Liebigs Annals of Chemistry 647: 41–50. ,
- 1989. Properties of fructosyltransferases involved in the synthesis of fructan in Liliaceous plants. Journal of Plant Physiology 134: 151–155.
- 1992. Structural analysis of oligomeric fructans from excised leaves of Lolium temulentum. Pytochemistry 31: 2989–2992. , ,
- 1991. The separation of complex mixtures of fructo-oligosaccharides from plants. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 29: 257–267. , , , .
- 1993. Glossary of fructan terms. In: SuzukiM, ChattertonNJ, eds. Science and technology of Fructans. Boca Raton , FL : CRC Press, 1–6. , .
- 1985. Isolation and characterization of plant cell walls and cell wall components. Methods in Enzymology 118: 34–40. , , , ,