Retention and spread of a genetically engineered pseudomonad in seeds and plants of Zea mays L. – a preliminary study
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 124, Issue 1, pages 101–106, May 1993
How to Cite
FISHER, P. J., BROAD, S. A., CLEGG, C. D. and LAPPIN SCOTT, H. M. (1993), Retention and spread of a genetically engineered pseudomonad in seeds and plants of Zea mays L. – a preliminary study. New Phytologist, 124: 101–106. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03801.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 23 October 1992; accepted 29 January 1993)
- 1989 The cutworm Peridroma savcia (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) supports growth and transport of pBR322–bearing bacteria. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 55: 2200–2205. , , .
- 1987 Sugar beet as a symptomless host for Corynebacterium sepedonicum. Phytopathology 77: 765–770. , , ,
- 1991 Field performance of sweet corn seed bio-primed and coated with Pseudomonas fluorescens AB254. Hortscience 26: 1163–1165. , , .
- 1988 Survival of rifampicin resistant mutants of Pseudomonas fluorescens and Pseudomonas putida in soil systems. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 54: 2432–2438. , , , .
- 1989 Endophytic bacteria for the delivery of crop protection agents. In: RobertsW, GranadosRR, eds. Proceedings of a conference on biotechnology, biological pesticides and novel plant-pest resistance for insect pest management. Ithaca : Boyce Thomson Institute for Plant Research, 88–92. , , .
- 1992 The distribution of some fungal and bacterial endophytes in maize (Zea mays L.). The New Phytologist 122: 299–305. , ,
- 1987 Biological control of Sclerotium rolfsii Sacc. in peanut by inoculation with Pseudomonas fluorescens. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 19: 35–38. , .
- 1985 Enumeration, location, and characterisation of endophytic bacteria within sugar beet roots. Canadian Journal of Botany 63: 1262–1265. , , .
- 1988 Field release of a transformed strain of Clavibacter xyli subsp. cynodontis containing a delta-endotoxic gene from Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. kurstaki (BT). Phytopathology (Abstract) 78: 1540. , , , .
- 1991 Endophytic bacteria from field-grown corn and cotton. Phytopathology 81: 812–813. , .
- 1990 Endophytic bacteria in symptom-free cotton plants. Phytopathology 80: 808–811. , .
- 1986 Plant-growth promoting rhizobacteria in enhancing plant growth and suppressing plant pathogens. Current Science (Bangalore) 55: 22–25. , , , .
- 1984 Pseudomonas fluorescens is an antagonist to Xanthomonas citri (Hasse) Dye, the incitant of citrus canker. Current Science (Bangalore) 53: 703–704. , .
- 1988 Bacterial conjugation between pseudomonads in the rhizosphere of wheat. FEMS Microbiology Ecology 53: 299–306. , , .
- 1990 Transfer of plasmid RP4 between pseudomonads after introduction into soil: influence of spatial and temporal aspects of inoculation. FEMS Microbiology Ecology 73: 1–12. , , , .
- 1991 Survival of genetically engineered Pseudomonas fluorescens in soil in competition with the parent strain. FEMS Microbiology Ecology 85: 53–64. , , , ,
- 1990 Construction of a bioinsecticidal rhizosphere isolate of Pseudomonas fluorescens. FEMS Microbiology Letters 77: 257–264. , ,
- 1980 Corn insect pests above ground. In: Insects of livestock and agronomic crops. Waveland Press Inc., 93–94. , , .