*Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, School of Agriculture, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia.
Symbiotic exchange of carbon and phosphorus between cucumber and three arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 124, Issue 3, pages 481–488, July 1993
How to Cite
PEARSON, J. N. and JAKOBSEN, I. (1993), Symbiotic exchange of carbon and phosphorus between cucumber and three arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. New Phytologist, 124: 481–488. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03839.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 11 August 1992; accepted 25 January 1993)
- 1984 The effect of phosphorus on the formation of hyphae in soil by the vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus, Glomus fasciculatum. The New Phytologist 97: 437–446. , , .
- 1988 Carbon cost of the fungal symbiont relative to net leaf P accumulation in a split-root VA mycorrhizal symbiosis. Plant Physiology 86: 491–496. , , .
- 1985 Carbon economy of soybean–Rhizobium–Glomus associations. The New Phytologist 101: 427–440. , , .
- 1980 Regulation of photosynthesis by sink activity – the missing link. The New Phytologist 86: 131–144. .
- 1992a External hyphae of vesicular – arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi associated with Trifolium subterraneum. I. Spread of hyphae and phosphorus inflow into roots. The New Phytologist 120: 371–380. , , .
- 1992b External hyphae of vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi associated with Trifolium subterraneum. II. Hyphal transport of 32P over defined distances. The New Phytologist 120: 509–516. , , .
- 1990 Carbon flow into soil and external hyphae from roots of mycorrhizal cucumber plants. The New Phytologist 115: 77–83. , .
- 1991 Fluxes of carbon and phosphorus between symbionts in willow ectomycorrhizas and their changes with time. The New Phytologist 119: 99–106. , , .
- 1985. Inoculum potential – Its role in early infection and mycorrhizal efficiency. In: MolinaR, ed. Proceedings of the 6th North American conference on mycorrhizae. Corvallis : Forest Research Laboratory, p. 394. , , , .
- 1962 A modified single solution method for the determination of phosphate in natural waters. Analytical Chimica Acta 27: 31–36. , .
- 1966. A method of estimating the total length of root in a sample. Journal of Applied Ecology 3; 139–145. .
- 1980 Effects of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza on 14C and 13N distribution in nodulated faba beans. Canadian Journal of Soil Science 60: 241–250. , .
- 1993. Mediation of competition between two colonizing VA mycorrhizal fungi by the host plant. The New Phytologist 123, 93–98. , , .
- 1975 Phosphate uptake zones of mycorrhizal and non-mycorrhizal onions. The New Phytologist 75: 555–561. , .
- 1986 Photosynthesis in vivo can be limited by phosphate supply. The New Phytologist 102: 499–512. , .
- 1982 The distribution of carbon and the demand of the fungal symbiont in leek plants with vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizas. The New Phytologist 92: 75–87. , , , .
- 1975 A test of a modified line intersect method of estimating root length. Journal of Ecology 63: 995–1001. .
- 1990 Mycorrhizas formed by Gigaspora calospora and Glomus fasciculatum on subterranean clover in relation to soluble carbohydrate concentrations in roots. The New Phytologist 114: 217–225. , , .