Present address: School of Botany, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Visualizing the distribution of elements within barley leaves by energy dispersive X-ray image maps (EDX maps)
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 125, Issue 2, pages 367–372, October 1993
How to Cite
WILLIAMS, M. L., THOMAS, B. J., FARRAR, J. F. and POLLOCK, C. J. (1993), Visualizing the distribution of elements within barley leaves by energy dispersive X-ray image maps (EDX maps). New Phytologist, 125: 367–372. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03888.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 15 June 1992; accepted 28 May 1993)
- 1991. Distribution of aluminium in accumulator plants by X-ray microanalysis in Richeria grandis Vahl leaves from a cloud forest in Venezuela. Plant, Cell and Environment 14: 437–441. , , .
- 1982. Low-temperature X-ray microanalysis of the differentiating vascular tissue in root tips of Lemna minor L. Journal of Microscopy 126: 285–306. , , .
- 1986. The preparation and X-ray microanalysis of bulk frozen hydrated vacuolate plant tissue. Journal of Microscopy 141: 329–348. , .
- 1971. Stomatal opening quantitatively related to potassium transport. Plant Physiology 48: 447–453. , .
- 1986. Accumulation and subcellular distribution of cations in relation to the growth of potassium deficient barley. Plant, Cell and Environment 9: 595–604. , , , .
- 1991. Differential distribution of nutrients between the epidermis and mesophyll of barley leaves: an X-ray microanalytical study. Journal of Experimental Botany 42 (suppl.): 25. , .
- 1993. Intercellular compartmentation of ions in barley leaves in relation to potassium nutrition and salinity. Journal of Experimental Botany 44: 755–762. , .
- 1991. Concentration of vacuolar inorganic ions in individual cells of intact wheat leaf epidermis. Journal of Experimental Botany 42: 305–309. , , .
- 1981. Ion distribution in roots of barley seedlings measured by electron probe X-ray microanalysis. Plant Physiology 68: 673–679. , , .
- 1991. Mobility and deposition of silicon in cucumber plants. Plant, Cell and Environment 14: 485–492. , , , .
- 1969. Direct determination of potassium ion accumulation in guard cells in relation to stomatal opening in light. Plant Physiology 44: 1350–1354. , .
- 1984. Intracellular localization of assimilatory sulphate reduction in leaves of Zea mays and Triticum aestivum. Plant Physiology 74: 866–870. , .
- 1983a. X-ray microanalysis of cells and cell compartments of Atriplex spongiosa. 1. Leaves. Journal of Experimental Botany 34: 778–794. , , , .
- 1983b. X-ray microanalysis of cells and cell compartments of Atriplex spongiosa. 2. Roots. Journal of Experimental Botany 34: 1196–1206. , , .
- October 1993. Measuring water and solute relations in single cells in situ. Current Topics in Plant Biochemistry and Physiology 11: (in the press). , , , , .
- 1988. Chloride and sulphur concentration in chloroplasts of spinach. Physiologia Plantarum 74: 651–658. , , , , .
- 1989. Cell specialization within the parenchymatous bundle sheath of barley. Plant, Cell and Environment 12: 909–918. , , .
- 1991. Cell specialization in leaves of barley as indicated by X-ray microanalysis. In: BonnemainJL, DelrotS, LucasYV, DaintyJ, eds. Recent advances in phloem transport and assimilate compartmentation. Presses Académiques: Quest Editions, 84–90. , , , .
- 1983. Relating cytoplasmic detail of powdery mildew infection to presence of insoluble silicon by sequential use of light microscopy, SKIY1, and X-ray microanalysis. Physiological Plant Pathology 22: 101–108. , , .