A comparison of sensitivity to ozone in seedlings and trees of Quercus rubra L.
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 125, Issue 2, pages 373–379, October 1993
How to Cite
SAMUELSON, L. J. and EDWARDS, G. S. (1993), A comparison of sensitivity to ozone in seedlings and trees of Quercus rubra L. New Phytologist, 125: 373–379. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03889.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 19 February 1993; accepted 10 May 1993)
- 1989. Comparative physiology and morphology of seedling and mature forest trees. In: NobleRD, MartinJL, JensenKF, eds. Proceedings of the second US-USSR symposium on air pollution effects on vegetation. Location : Publisher, 111–117. , , , .
- October 1993. Growth and physiology of northern red oak: preliminary comparisons of mature tree and seedling responses to ozone. Environmental Pollution. In Press. , , .
- 1992. Comparison of structural changes in red spruce during cold hardening in mature trees and in seedlings used in pollution exposure studies. Forest Ecology and Management 51: 105–113. .
- 1979. Textbook of dendrology. New York : McGraw-Hill. , , .
- 1987. Stand dynamics and evaluation of forest decline. Tree Physiology 3: 17–26. , .
- 1988. Atmospheric ozone: formation and effects on vegetation. Environmental Pollution 50: 101–137. , .
- 1983. Physiological plant ecology. New York : Springer-Verlag. .
- 1978. Forest microclimatology. New York : Columbia University Press. .
- 1985. Measurement of CO2 assimilation by plants in the field and the laboratory. In: CoombsJ, HallDO, LongSP, ScurlockJMO, eds. Techniques in bioproductivity and photosynthesis. New York : Pergamon Press, 62–94. , .
- 1974. Applied linear statistical models. Homewood , Illinois : Richard D. Irwin. , .
- 1992. Timing of ozone stress and resulting status of ribulose hisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase and associated net photosynthesis. New Phytologist 120: 397–405. , , .
- 1988. Impact of ozone on the growth and yield of trees: a review. Journal of Environmental Quality 17: 347–360. .
- 1987. Quantifying plant response to ozone: a unifying theory. Tree Physiology 3: 63–91. .
- 1989. Effects of chronic doses of ozone on loblolly pine: photosynthetic characteristics in the third growing season. Forest Science 35: 745–755. , .