Formerly known as Diplachne fusca (L.) Beauv.
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 125, Issue 3, pages 521–528, November 1993
How to Cite
KLAGGES, S., BHATTI, A. S., SARWAR, G., HILPERT, A. and JESCHKE, W. D. (1993), Ion distribution in relation to leaf age in Leptochloa fusca (L.) Kunth* (Kallar grass) II. Anions. New Phytologist, 125: 521–528. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03900.x
Dedicated to Professor Dr Otto Heinrich Volk on the occasion or his 90th birthday.
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 19 March 1993; accepted 15 July 1993)
- 1986. Effects of external NaCl on the growth of Atriplex amnicola and the ion relations and carbohydrate status of the leaves. Plant, Cell and Environment 9: 571–580. , , , , ,
- 1993. Ion distribution in relation to leafage in Leptochloa fusca (L.) Kunth (Kallar grass) I. K+, Na+, Ca++ and Mg++. New Phytologist 123: 539–545. , , , , .
- 1984. Na+ and Cl−: leaf extrusion, retranslocation and root efflux in Diplachne fusca (Kallar grass) grown in NaCl. Journal of Plant Nutrition 7: 1233–1250. ,
- 1982. Phloem transport of sulfur in Ricinus. Planta 155: 82–88. , , ,
- 1987. Chloride partitioning in leaves of salt-stressed sorghum, maize, wheat and barley. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 14: 463–467. , , ,
- 1987. Photosynthesis, transpiration and salt fluxes through leaves of Leptochloa fusca L. Kunth. Plant, Cell and Environment 10: 191–196.
- 1983. Solute distribution in Suaeda maritima. Planta 157: 344–349. , .
- 1962. Plant responses to saline substrates. II. Chloride, sodium and potassium uptake and translocation in young plants of Hordeum vulgare during and after a short sodium chloride treatment. Australian Journal of Biological Sciences 15: 39–57.
- 1965. Plant responses to saline substrates. VI. Chloride, sodium, and potassium uptake and distribution within the plant during ontogenesis of Hordeum vulgare. Australian Journal of Biological Sciences 18: 522–540. , , , .
- 1966. Plant responses to saline substrates. VIII. Regulation of ion concentrations in salt-sensitive and halophytic species. Australian Journal of Biological. Sciences 19: 741–756. , , .
- 1972. The chemical composition of Ricinus phloem exudate. Planta 106: 131–140. , .
- 1980. The remobilzation of nutrients from leaves. Journal of Plant Nutrition 2: 407–444.
- 1979. A geographical atlas of world weeds. New York : John Wiley & Sons. , , , .
- 1970. Tolerance of Diplachne fusca Beauv. (Australian grass) to salt and alkali. West Pakistan, Lahore: Directorate of Land Reclamation Research Publication 11: 1–7. ,
- 1991a. Cation and chloride partitioning through xylem and phloem within the whole plant of Ricinus communis L. under conditions of salt stress. Journal of Experimental Botany 42: 1105–1116. , .
- 1991. Modelling of the partitioning, assimilation and storage of nitrate within root and shoot organs of castor bean (Ricinus communis L.). Journal of Experimental Botany 42: 1091–1103. , .
- 1992. Temporal patterns of uptake, flow and utilization of nitrate, reduced nitrogen and carbon in a leaf of salt treated castor bean (Ricinus communis L.). Journal of Experimental Botany 43: 393–402. , .
- 1987. Partitioning of K+, Na+ and Mg++ and Ca++ through xylem and phloem to component organs of nodulated white lupin under mild salinity. Journal of Plant Physiology 128: 77–93. , , .
- 1983. Ionic relations of Garden orache. Atriplex hortensis L.: growth and ion distribution at moderate salinity and the function of bladder hairs. Journal of Experimental Botany 34: 795–810. ,
- 1985. Na+-dependent net K+-retranslocation in leaves of Hordeum vulgare, cv. California Mariout and Hordeum distichon, cv. Villa under salt stress. Journal of Plant Physiology 121: 211–223. ,
- 1988. Effects of NaCl salinity on growth, ion distribution and ion translocation in castor bean (Ricinus communis L.). Journal of Plant Physiology 137: 45–53. ,
- 1990. Nitrate reduction in leaves is coupled to net photosynthesis. Current Research in Photosynthesis 4: 557–563. .
- 1980. Karnal grass grows well in sodic soils. Indian farming 30: 14–15. , , .
- 1988. Quantification of N2-fixation and survival of inoculated diazotrophs associated with roots of Kallar grass. Plant and Soil 108: 43–51. , , , .
- 1960. Ion absorption in young sunflower plants. I. Uptake and transport mechanisms for sulfate. Physiologia Plantarum 13: 133–147.
- 1982. Diplachne fusca: An Australian salt tolerant grass used in Pakistani agriculture. The Journal of the Australian Institute of Agricultural Science 48: 195–199. , , , .
- 1981. The effect of salinity on the yield and composition of Diplachne fusca (Kallar grass). Plant, Cell and Environment 4: 177–181. , , , , , , .
- 1962. Mineral analysis of plant tissues. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 13: 81–108. .
- 1988. Translocation of sulfate in soybean (Glycine max L. Merr). Plant Physiology 86: 798–802. , .
- ThomsonWW. 1975. The structure and function of salt glands. In: Poljakoff-MayberA, GaleJ, eds. Plants in saline environments. Ecological Studies 15: 118–146.
- ZieglerH. 1975. Nature of transported substances. In: ZimmermannMH, MilburnJA, eds. Transport in plants. 1. Phloem transport. Encyclopedia of plant physiology, new series, vol. 1. Springer-Verlag, 59–100.