Nutrient concentrations of foliage and soil in South-western Australia
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 125, Issue 3, pages 529–546, November 1993
How to Cite
FOULDS, W. (1993), Nutrient concentrations of foliage and soil in South-western Australia. New Phytologist, 125: 529–546. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1993.tb03901.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 11 August 1992; accepted 28 June 1993)
- 1987. Forest soils and nutrient cycles. Melbourne University Press. , .
- 1958. Sur l'alimentation des phanérogames parasites. Bulletin l'académie royal de Belgique, Class Science, Series 5 44: 787–793. .
- 1966. Soil phosphate and its role in molding segments of the Australian flora and vegetation with special reference to xeromorphy and scleromorphy. Ecology 47: 992–1007. .
- 1984. Origin and nature of the sandplains. In: PateJS, BeardJS, eds. Kwongan, plant life of the sandplain. Nedlands , Western Australia : University of Western Australia Press, 51–68.
- 1978. The phosphorus efficiency of three annual legumes. Plant and Soil 50: 387–398. ,
- 1957. Absorption and mobility of foliar applied nutrients. Plant Physiology 32: 428–435. , .
- 1980. The effect of ferrous iron on the uptake of manganese by Juncus effusus L. Annals of Botany 46: 409–412. , .
- 1975. Physiological responses of semi-arid grasses. 1. The influence of phosphorus supply on growth and phosphorus absorption. Australian Journal of Agriculture 26: 423–436. ,
- 1963. The estimation of phosphorus fertilizer requirements of wheat in southern New South Wales by soil analysis. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture and Animal Husbandry 3: 190–197. .
- 1983. The phosphorus response of Eucalyptus seedlings grown in a pallid zone clay treated with three levels of lime. Australian Journal of Botany 31: 231–238. , ,
- 1983. Storage reserves of the seed-like aestivating organs of geophytes inhabiting granite outcrops in south-western Australia. Australian Journal of Botany 31: 85–103. , , .
- 1984. Rooting patterns of sandplain plants and their functional significance. In: PateJS, BeardJS, eds. Kwongan, plant life of the sandplain. Nedlands , Western Australia : University of Western Australia Press, 146–177. , , , .
- 1972. Mineral nutrition of plants: principles and perspectives. New York : John Wiley & Sons.
- 1983. Mineral nutrition and water relations of hemiparasitic mistletoes; a question of partitioning. Experiments with Loranthus europacus on Quercus petraea and Quercus robur. Oecologia 56: 193–201.
- 1985. Census of the vascular plants of Western Australia. South Perth : Department of Agriculture. .
- 1980. Western Australian species-rich kwongan (sclerophyllous shrubland) affected by drought. Australian Journal of Botany 28: 573–585. , .
- 1986. Mineral nutrient composition of leaves and fruits of selected species of Grevillea from South-western Australia, with special reference to Grevillea leucopteris Meissn. Australian Journal of Botany 34: 155–164. .
- 1977. Mobilization of minerals to developing seeds of legumes. Annals of Botany 41: 1259–1278. , .
- 1968. Phosphate nutrition of Australian heath plants. 11. The formation of polyphosphate by five heath species. Australian Journal of Botany 16: 603–613. .
- 1982. Lithium, sodium and potassium. In: PageAL, MillerRH, KeeneyDR, eds. Methods of soil analysis, part 2. Madison , Wisconsin : Agronomy Society of America, 225–246. , , .
- 1982. Nutrient reserves in seeds of selected proteaceous species from South-western Australia. Australian Journal of Botany 30: 231–249. , , .
- 1981. Inorganic constituents in wood and bark of New South Wales forest tree species. Forestry Commission of New South Wales, Research Notes, No. 45: 42. .
- 1983. Mineral nutrition of mistletoes. In: CalderM, BernhardtP, eds. The biology of mistletoes. Sydney : Academic-Press, 185–204.
- 1984. Specialised modes of nutrition. In: PateJS, BeardJS, eds. Kwongan, plant life of the sandplain. Nedlands , Western Australia : University of Western Australia Press, 126–145. .
- 1982. Distribution of mineral nutrients between the mistletoe. Amyema preissii, and its host. Acacia acuminata. Annals of Botany 49: 721–725. , .
- 1982. Nutrient cycling in a stand of Acacia holosericea A. Cunn. ex. G. Don. 11. Phosphorus and endomycorrhizal associations. Australian Journal of Botany 30: 107–119. , .
- 1976. An analysis of competitive ability in three perennial grasses. New Phytologist 77: 431–435. , .
- 1979. Absorption and accumulation of iron, manganese and copper in plants in the temperate forest of central Japan. Soil Science & Plant Nutrition 25: 611–620. , ,
- 1982. The occurrence of seeds and fruits taken by ants versus birds in Mediterranean Australia and South Africa, in relation to the availability of soil potassium. Journal of Biogeography 9: 505–516. .
- 1983. Plant form and function. In: DayJA, ed. Mineral nutrients in Mediterranean ecosystems. South Africa : CSIR, 55–76. , , , , , .
- 1981. Fossil pollen records of extant angiosperms. Botanical Review 47: 1–142.
- 1982. Total carbon, organic carbon and organic matter. In: PageAL, MilerRH, KeeneyDR, eds. Methods of soil analysis, Part 2. Wisconsin : Agronomy Society of America/Soil Science Society of America, Madison, 539–579. , .
- 1983. Economy of mineral nutrients in sandplain species. In: PateJS, BeardJS, eds. Kwongan, plant life of the sandplain. Nedlands , Western Australia : University of Western Australia Press. ,
- 1982. Tuberous, cormous and bulbous plants. Nedlands , Western Australia : University of Western Australia Press. , .
- 1983. Influence of nutrients on the composition and distribution of plant communities in Mediterranean-type ecosystems of Israel. In: KrugerFJ, MitchellDT, JarvisJUM, eds. Mediterranean-type ecosystems. The role of nutrients. Berlin : Springer-Verlag, 74–85.
- 1983. Mineral nutrients and non-structural carbon pools in shrubs from Mediterranean-type ecosystems of California and Chile. In: KrugerFJ, MitchellDT, JarvisJUM, eds. Mediterranean-type ecosystems. The role of nutrients. Berlin : Springer-Verlag, 286–299. .
- 1990. Sclerophylly and foliar nutrient status of Mediterranean-climate plant communities in Southern Australia. Australian Journal of Botany 38: 459–474. , .
- 1964. Studies on phloem exudation from Yucca flaccida Haw. 1. Some observations on the phenomenon of bleeding and the composition of exudate. Acta Botanica Neerlandica 13: 76–83. ,