Spatial distribution and temporal persistence of discrete genotypes of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Laccaria bicolor (Maire) Orton
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 127, Issue 3, pages 547–556, June 1994
How to Cite
DE LA BAST1DE, P. Y., KROPP, B. R. and PICHÉ, Y. (1994), Spatial distribution and temporal persistence of discrete genotypes of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Laccaria bicolor (Maire) Orton. New Phytologist, 127: 547–556. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1994.tb03973.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 9 June 1993; accepted 16 March 1994)
- 1973 Mineral nutrition of ectomycerrhizae. In: MarksGC, KozlowskiTT, eds. Ertamyrnrrhizar. New York : Academic Press. 151–205.
- 1992 Persistence of Laccaria spp. as ectomycarrhizal symbionts of containtergrown black spruce. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 22: 1883–1887. , ,
- 1979 Mycorrizal fungi of Pinus radiata in New Zealand. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 11: 557–562.
- 1982 Mycorrhizai fungi of Eucalyptus in the North Island of New Zealand. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 14: 133–137. ,
- 1990 Population structure and dynamics in Suillus bovinus as indicated by spatial distribution of fungal clones. New Phytologist 115: 487–493. ,
- 1983 Sequences and interactions of mycorrhizal fungi on birch. Plant and Soil 71: 257–262. , ,
- 1981 Dynamics of coarse root production in a young plantation of Picea sitchensis. Forestry 54 (2): 139–155.
- 197980. Fair rings in Norfolk. Newsletter of the Federation of British Plant Pathologists 4: 39–43.
- 1986 Cnenges in occurrence of Basidiomycete fruit bodies during forest stand development: with specific reference to mycorrhizal species. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 87 (1): 163–171. , ,
- 1980 Structure and function of mycelial rhizomorphs with special reference to their rule in water transport. Nature 287: 834–836. , ,
- 1986a The structure and function of the vegetative mycelium of ectomycorrhizal plants. I. Translocation of 14C-labelled carbon between plants interconnected by a common mycelium. New Phytologist 103: 143–186. ,
- 1986b The structure and function of the vegetative mycelium of ectomycorrhizal plants. II. The uptake and distribution of phosphorus by mycelial strands interconnecting host plants. New Phytologist 103: 157–165. ,
- 1980 Spatial patterns of sporophore distribution around a young birch tree in three successive years. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 75 (2): 287–296. , ,
- 1983 Spore germination, homing reaction and intersterility groups in Laccaria laccata (Agaricales). Mycologia 75(2): 221–227.
- 1984 Incompatibility systems, cultural features and species circumscriptions in the ectomycorrhizal genus Laccaria (Agaricales). Mycologia 76(4): 653–642. ,
- 1993a ITS primers with enhanced spectficity for basidomycetes–application to the identification of mycorrhizae and rusts. Molecular Ecology 2: 113–118. ,
- 1993b The mycorrhizal guild structure of a bishop pint forest in California. In: PetersonL, SchelkleM. eds. Procedings of the Ninth NACOM, Univ. of Guelph. 8–12 Aug. 1993 Canada, p. 105. .
- 1990b Restriction fragment length polymorphisms in the nuclear ribosomal DNA of four Lamina species: L. bicolor, L. laccata, L. proxima and L. amethystine. Phytopathology 80: 1312–1317. , , ,
- 1991a Mitochondrial DNA polymorphisms in four Laccaria species: L. bicolor, L. laccata, L. proxima and L. amethystine. My-cological Research 95: 206–216. , , ,
- 1991b Identification of indigenous and introduced symbiotic fungi in ectomycorrhizae by amplification of nuclear and mitochondrial ribosomal DNA. Canadian Journal of Botany 69: 180–190. , , , ,
- 1990a Interactions between monokaryotic and dikaryotic isolates of Laccaria bicolor on roots of Pinus banksiana. Symbiosis 8: 233–250. , ,
- 1991 Fructification du champigmnon ectomycorhizien Laccaria bicolor (Maire) Qrton assaciéà une plant-hôte. Ph.D. thesis, Universitè Laval, Québec , Canada .
- 1991 Rapid identification of genetic: variation and pathotype of Leptospheria maculans by random amplified polymorphic DNA assay. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 57: 2482–2486. ,
- 1982 Fairy rings; free and tethered. Bulletin the British Mycological Society 16: 161–163.
- 1992 Mycorrhizal mat communities in forest soils., In: HeadDJ. LewisDH, FitterAH. AlexanderIJ, eds. Mycorrhizas in ecosystems. Proceedings of the third EHM, Univ. of Sheffield. 19–23: Aug., 1991. UK : CAB International. 98–105. ,
- 1979 Plant strategies and vegetation processes. New York : John Wiley and Suns Ltd.
- 1965 Thelephora terrstris and mycarrhizae of Virginia pine. Forest Science 11: 401–404.
- 1993 Identification of Gremmemniella abietina races with randomly amplified polymorphic DNA markers. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 59: 1752–1755. , ,
- 1983 Mycorrhizal symbiosis. London . Academic Press. ,
- 1977 Growth and production of tree roots: a review In: MarshallJ K. ed. The belowground ecosystem: a synthests of plant-associated Proceeses, Fort Collins , Colorado , U.S.A. : Range Science Department Science Series No. 26, Colorado State University, 7–28.
- 1993 Randomly amplified polymorphic DNA markers are superior to somatic incompatibility tests for discriminating genotypes in natural populations of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Suillus granulatus. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 90: 9159–9163. , ,
- 1990 Amtifungal activity in culture filtrates of the ectomycorrizal fungus Pisolithus tinctorius. Canadian Journal of Botany 68: 1254–1259. ,
- 1990a Variation in acid phosphatase activity unions progeny from controlled crosses in the ectproycorrhizal fungus. Canadian Journal of Botany 68: 864–866.
- 1990b Variable interactions between non-mycorrhizal and ectomycorrhizal strains of The Basidinmycete Laccaria bicolor. Mycological Research 94(3): 412–415.
- 1988 The incompatibility system and relative ectomycorrhizal performance of monokaryons and reconstituted dikaryons of Laccaria bicolor. Canadian Journal Botany 66: 289–294. ,
- 1990 Ectomycorrhizae in reforestation. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 20: 438–451. ,
- 1987 Variable loss of ectomycorrhizal ability in monokaryotic and dikaryotic cultures of Laccaria bicolor. Canadian Journal of Botany 65: 500–504. , ,
- 1987 Successions of sheathing mycorrhizal fungi. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 2(6): 157–161. , ,
- 1984 Succession of fruitbodies of sheathing mycorrhizal fungi associated with Betula pendula. Forest Ecology and Management 9: 229–234. , , ,
- 1979 Influence of leaves on spurophore production by fungi forming sheathing mycorrhizas with Betula spp. Nature 280: 168–169. , , ,
- 1967 Growth rates and growth periodicity of tree roots. In: RombergerJA, MikolaP. eds. International review of forestry research, vol. 2. New York : Academic, Press Inc. 181–236. ,
- 1988 The mating system of the fairy ring fungus Marasmius oreades and the genetic relationship of fairy rings. Canadian Journal of Botany 66: 1111–1116. ,
- 1969 The influence of ectotrophic mycorrhizal fungi on the resistence of pine roots To pathogenic infections. 1. Antagonism of mycorrhizal fungi to root pathogenic fungi and soil bacteria. Phytopathology 59: 153–163.
- 1986 In: JenkinsD, ed. Trees and wildlife in the Scottish uplands. UK : Institute Of Terrestrial Ecology, 63–70. ,
- 1982 Ecology of some fungi associated with an ageing stand of birches (Betula pendula and B. pubescens). Forest Ecology and Management 4: 19–39. , , ,
- 1983 The concept of succession in relation to The spreading of sheathing mycorrhizal fungi on inoculated tree seedlings grown in unsterile soils. Plant and Soil 71: 247–256. , . ,
- 1987 Mycorrhizae. Mycorrhizospheres, and reforestation: current knowledge and research needs. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 17: 929–940. , ,
- 1992 Studies on ectomycorrhizae 42. The ontogeny of the rhizomorphs of Laccaria amethystina, Hydnum rufescens and Sarcodon imbricatus. Nova Hedivigia 55: 279–307. ,
- 1991 The challenge of the individualistic mycelium. Mycologia 83: 48–71.
- 1992 The fungus Armillaria bulbosa is among the largest and oldest living organisms. Nature 356: 428–431. , ,
- 1977 Selection of fungi for ectomycorribizal inoculation in nurseries. Annual Review of Phytopathology 15: 203–222.
- 1969 Mycorrhizal deficiency in a Douglas-fir region nursery. Forest Science 15: 381–389. ,
- 1989 Frequentcy and diversify of ectomycorrhizal and Saprophytic fungi in the Laurentide mountains of Quèbec. Canadian Journal of Botany 67: 2616–2629. , ,
- 1991 A critiqur of the role of ectomycorrhizas in forest ecology. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 35: 171–190. , ,
- 1990 DNA polymorphs amplified by arbitrary primers are useful as genetic markers. Nucleic Acids Research 18: 6531–6535. , , , ,
- 1989 Differences in the colonization of Pinus bansksiana roots by monokaryotic and dikaryotic strains of ectomycorrhizal Laccaria bicolor. Canadian Journal of Botany 67: 1717–1726. , , ,