CIMAP Communication No. 93-30J.
Effect of drought stress on growth and essential oil metabolism in lemongrasses*
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 128, Issue 1, pages 173–179, September 1994
How to Cite
SINGH-SANGWAN, N., ABAD FAROOQI, A. H. and SINGH SANGWAN, R. (1994), Effect of drought stress on growth and essential oil metabolism in lemongrasses. New Phytologist, 128: 173–179. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1994.tb04000.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 25 January 1994; accepted 26 April 1994)
- 1981. Proline accumulation. Physiological aspects. In. PalegLG, AspinallD, eds.Drought resistance in plants. New York . Academic Press. 206–241. , .
- 1973. Rapid determination of free proline for water stress studies. Plant and Soil 39: 205–207. , , .
- 1992. Properties of PEP carboxylase and carbohydrate accumulation in C3-CAM intermediate Sedum teiephium L. grown under different light and water regimes. Journal of Experimental Botany 43: 253–261. ,
- 1990. Effects of osmotic stress on the essential oil content and composition of peppermint, Phytochemistry 29 2837–2840. , , .
- 1991. Water deficit modulates gene expression in growing zone of soybean seedlings. Analysis of differentially expressed cDNAs, a new a-tublin-gene, and expression of genes encoding cell wall proteins. Plant Molecular Biology 17: 511–598. , .
- 1979. Photosynthetic rates of citronella and lemongrass, Plant Physiology 63: 406–408. , .
- 1988. Host plant suitability sn relation to water stress. In. HeinrichsEA, edPlant stress-interactions. Willey-Interscience. 111–137. , , .
- 1989. Molecular biology, application to studies of stress tolerance. In. HamlynGJ. FlowersTJ. JonesMB, eds.Plants under sires. New York . Cambridge University Press. 131–135. , ,
- 1983. Water Relations of Plants. New York . Academic Press. .
- 1983. The many-faceted function of phosphoenol pyruvate carboxylase in C3 plants. Physiologit Vegetale 21: 805–815. , .
- 1951. Protein measurement with the folin phenol reagent. Journal of Biological Chemistry 193: 265–275. , , , .
- 1982. Phosphoenol pyruvate carboxylase: an enzymologist's view, Annual Review of Plant Physiology33. 279–315. .
- 1992. Leaf water relations, osmotic adjustment, cell membrane stability. epicuticular wax load and growth as affected by increasing deficits in Sorghum. Journal of Experimental Botany43156–176. , , ,
- 1992. Phosphoenol pyruvate carboxylase activity and concentration in the endosperm of developing and germinating castor oil seeds. Plant Physiology 99: 445–449. , , .
- 1993a. Metabolism of acyclic monoterpenes, partial purification and properties of geraniol dehydrogenase from lemongrass Cymbopogon flexuosus). Journal of Plant Physiology 142: 129–134. , ,
- 1993a. Interspecific variation in physiological and metabolic responses of live species of Cymbopogon to water stress. Journal of Plant Physiology 152: 618–622. , , ,
- 1992. Regulation of PEP carboxylase and CAM metabolism, induction in Mesembry-anthemum species by cytokinins. Plant Physiology 99: 1664–1669. ,
- 1992. Water stress induced alterations in essential oil content and composition of sweet basil. Journal of Essential Oil Research 4: 71–75. , , , .
- 1989. Effect of leaf position and age on the essential oil quantity and quality in lemongrass (Cymbopogon fiexuosus). Plata Medica 55: 254–256. , , .
- 1991. Mobilization of starch and essential oil biogenesis during leaf ontogeny of lemongrass (Cymbopogon ftexuosus). Plain Cell Physiology 32: 803–811. , , .
- 1993. Geraniol dehydrogenase. A determinant of essential oil quality in lemongrass. Planta Medica 59: 168–170. , , , .
- 1982. Effect of drought on secondary metabolites of medicinal and aromatic plants - a review. In. AtalCK. KapurBM, eds.Cultivation and utilization of medicinal plants. Jammu . Regional Research Laboratory (CS1R). 1–12. ,
- 1988. Metabolism and physiology of abscisic acid. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 39: 437–473. , .