Influence of different nutrient regimes on the regulation of carbon metabolism in Norway spruce [Picea abies (L.) Karst.] seedlings
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 128, Issue 2, pages 323–330, October 1994
How to Cite
WINGLER, A., EINIG, W., SCHAEFFER, C., WALLENDA, T., HAMPP, R., WALLANDER, H. and NYLUND, J.-E. (1994), Influence of different nutrient regimes on the regulation of carbon metabolism in Norway spruce [Picea abies (L.) Karst.] seedlings. New Phytologist, 128: 323–330. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1994.tb04016.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 1 February 1994; accepted 18 April 1994)
- 1976. The effect of nitrate and ammonium feeding on carbon dioxide assimilation in maize. Journal of Experimental Bounty 27: 735–747. , .
- 1983. Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase: a Key-enzyme in plants. Physiologic Vegetate 21: 803–804. , ,
- 1992. The short-trim effect of NO3- and NH3 assimilation on sucrose synthesis in leaves. Journal of Plant Physiology 139: 361–368. , , , , , ,
- 1992. Nitrate activation of cytosolic protein kinases diverts photosynthetic carbon from sucrose to armino acid biosynthesis. Basis for a new concept. Plant Physiology 100: 7–12. ,
- 1990. Photosynthesis and photosynthesis partitioning in N2-fixing soybeans. Plant Physiology 94: 259–267. , , ,
- 1992. Photosynthate metabolism in the source leaves of N2-fixing soybean plants. Plant Physiology 99: 1105–1117. , , , .
- 1967. The nitrogen metabolism of Picea glauca (Moench) Voss and Pinus banksiana Lamb, as influenced by mineral nutrition. Canadian Journal of Botany 45: 045–710. , .
- 1993. Invertase, sucrose synthase and sucrose phosphate synthase in lyophilized spruce needles; microplate reader assays. Trees 7: 98–103. ,
- 1991. Intermediate des Kohlen-hydrat- und Energiestoffwechsels in Fichtennadeln in Abhängigkeit van der Yegetationsperiode und vom Schädi-gungsgrad. Kernforschungszentrum Karlsruhe, KfK-PEF 80: 71–80. , ,
- 1990. Carbon partitioning in Norway spruce: amounts of fructose 2.6-bisphosphate and of intermediates Of starch/sucrose synthesis in relation td needle age and degree of needle loss. Trres 4: 9–15. ,
- 1993. The effect of nitrogen supply to Urtica dioica L, plants on the distribution of assimilate between shouts and roots. Botanica Aria 106: 228–234. , ,
- 1991. Metabolite translocators of the chloroplast envelope. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 42: 124–144. , .
- 1986. The relationship between phosphate status and photosynthesis in leaves. Effects on intracellular orthophosphate distribution, photosynthesis and assimilate partitioning. Planta 167: 369–375. ,
- 1989. Influence of phosphorus nutrition on growth and carbon partitioning in Glvcine max. Plant Physiology 89: 225–230. , ,
- 1992. Depression of carbon flow to the glycogen pool induced by nitrogen assimilation in intact cells of Anacystis nidulans. Physiologia Platarum 86: 360–364. , , , ,
- 1991. Regulation of carbon partitioning between sucrose and nitrogen assimilation in cotyledons of germinating Ricinus communis L. Planta 185: 533–568. ,
- 1986. Ribulose bisphosphate carboxylase. protein and nitrogen in Scots pine seedlings cultivated at different nutrient levels. Physiologia Plantarum 68: 245–251.
- 1991. A dot -him assay for quantitation of nanogram amounts of protein in the presence of carrier ampholytes and other possibly interfering substances. Analytical Biochemistry 196: 99–103. , ,
- 1994. Kinetic and eletrophoretic characterization of NADP dependent dehydrogenases from tissues of Norway spruce [Picea abies (L.) Karst] employing a rapid one-step extraction procedure. Trees 8: 191–197. , ,
- 1994. Carbon allocation in developing spruce needles. Enzymes and intermediates of sucrose metabolism Physiologia Plantarum 90: 299–306. , , ,
- 1990. Microdissection and biochemical analysts of plant tissues, In: LinskensHF. JacksonJF, eds. Modern methods of plant analysis, new series, vol. 11, Physical methods in plant sciences. Berlin : Springer-Verlag, 124–147. , ,
- 1989. Biochemical mechanisms for the regulation of sucrose accumulation in leaves during photosynthesis. Plant Physiology 91: 656–662. .
- 1979. Mineral nutrient requirements of Pinus sylvestris and Picea abies seedlings. Physiologia Plantarum 45: 373–380.
- 1985. Nutrition und growth of coniferous seedlings at varied relative nitrogen addition rate. Physiologic Plant arum 65: 109–116. ,
- 1986. Theory and techniques for steady stale mineral nutrition and growth of plants. Scandinavian Journal of Finest Research 1: 439–453. ,
- 1985. Extinction coefficients of chlorophyll a and b in N,N-dimethylformamide and 80% acetone. Plain Physiology 65: 855–858. , .
- 1981. Enzyme assay for sucrose. In: KornbergHL, ed. Techniques in carbohydrate metabolism, B392. Amsterdam : Elsevier, 1–8. , .
- 1993. Kinetic mechanism and regulation of ADP-glucose pyrophos-phorylase from barley (Hordeum uvlgare) leaves. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 268: 6228–6233. , , ,
- 1991. Ammonium and nitrate uptake rates and rhizosphere pH in non-mycorrhizal roots of Norway spruce [Picea abies (L.) Karst.] Trees 5: 14–21. , ,
- 1981. Nitrate assimilation and nitrogen circulation in Austrian pint. Physiologia Plantarum 53: 105–110. , ,
- 1987. Anapleurotic CO2 fixation by phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase in C3 plants. Plant Physiology 84: 58–60. , .
- 1989. Effects of ectomycorrhiza on host growth and carbon balance in u semi-hydroponic cultivation system. The New Phytologistogist 112: 389–398. ,
- 1979. Guard cell starch concentration quantitatively related to stomatal aperture. Plant Physiology 64: 79–82. ,
- 1978. Effects of ammonia on carbon metabolism in photosynthesizing isolated meosphyll cells from Papaver somniferum L. Planta 142: 49–54. , , .
- 1993. Effect of withdrawal of phosphorus on nitrate assimilation and PEP carboxylase activity in tomato. Plant and Soil 154: 111–117. , , , .
- 1977. Ammonia regulation of carbon metabolism in photosynthesizing leaf discs. Plant Physiology 60: 739–742. , , .
- 1990. Effects of phosphorus and ectomycorrhizas on the carbon balance of loblolly pine seedlings. Forest Science 36: 101–112. , .
- 1991. Effect of mycorrhiza and nitrate nutrition on nitrate reductase activity in Scots pine seedlings. Physiologia Plantarum 81: 89–94.
- 1991. Nitrate reductase in needles. roots and trunk wood of spruce trees [Picea abies (L.) Karst.] Trees 5: 215–226. , ,
- 1984. The occurrence of nitrate reduction in the leaves of woody plants. Annals of Botany 54: 363–374. , , .
- 1966. Influence of nitrogen nutrition and season on photosynhetic incorporation of 14CO2 into Sucrose and other soluble compounds of the sugarbeet. Botanical Gazette 127: 164–170. , .
- 1990. Fructose-2, 6-bispriosphate as a regulatory molecule in plants. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 41: 153–185.
- 1993. Control of photosynthetic carbon fixation and partitioning: how can use of genetically manipulated plants improve the nature and quality of information about regulation Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London B 342: 225–233.
- 1992. Effects of nitrate and ammonium mi gene expression of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase and nitrogen metabolism in maize leaf tissue during recovery from nitrogen stress. Plant Physiology 98: 1403–1408. ,
- 1992. Glutamine induces the N-dependent accumulation of mRNAs encoding phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase and carbonic anhydrase in detached maize leaf tissue. Plant Physiology 100: 2066–2070. , , ,
- 1990. Partial characterization of guard-cell phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase: kinetic datum collection in real time from single-cell activities. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 280: 153–158. ,
- 1990. Regulation of carbon partitioning to respiration during dark ammonium assimilation by the green alga Selenastrum minutum. Plant Physiology 93: 166–175. , , , , , .
- 1991. Effect of light and NO3- on wheat leaf phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase activity. Plant Physiology 97: 1476–1482. , ,
- 1984. D-Fructose 2,6-bisphosphate. In: BergmeyerHU, ed. Methods in enzymatic analysis. Weinheim : Verlag Chemie, 335–341.
- 1994. A new hypothesis to explain the allocation of dry matter between mycorrhizal fungi and pine seedlings in relation lo nutrient supply. Plant and Soil (in the press).
- 1991. Effects of excess nitrogen on carbohydrate concentration and mycorrhizal development of Pinus sylvestris L. seedlings. The New Phytologistogist 119: 405–411. ,
- 1992. Effects of excess nitrogen and phosphorus starvation on the extramatrical mycelium of ectomycorrhizas of Pinus sylvestris L. The New Phytologistogist 120: 495–503. ,
- 1959. Über den Zuckergehalt der Siebröhren- bzw. Siebzellensäfte von Heracleum mantegaz-zanium und Picea abies (L.) Karst. Zeitschrift fib Naturforschung 14b: 278–281. , .