Effects of exposure to ozone and water stress on the following season's growth of beech (Fagus sylvatica L.)
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 126, Issue 3, pages 511–515, March 1994
How to Cite
PEARSON, M. and MANSFIELD, T. A. (1994), Effects of exposure to ozone and water stress on the following season's growth of beech (Fagus sylvatica L.). New Phytologist, 126: 511–515. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1994.tb04249.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 25 August 1993; accepted 5 November 1993
- 1985. A new type of forest decline in Germany. Nature 314: 311–314.
- 1987, The impact of ozone on assimilate partitioning in plants: a review. Environmental Pollution 47:95–113. ,
- 1992. Effects of ozone and water deficit on the growth and physiology of Fagus sylvatica. Forest Ecology and Management 51: 107–193. , ,
- 1989. Carbon and nitrogen allocation in trees. Annals of Science and Forestry 46: 631–647.
- 1991, The sequence of change within the photosynthetic apparatus of wheat following short-term exposure to ozone. Plant Physiology 95: 529–535. , , ,
- 1992. Mild ozone exposure alters 14C dynamics in foliage of Pinus taeda L. Tree Physiology 11: 215–227. ,
- 1990. Damage in beech forests of Schleswig-Holstein (Northern Germany in relation to forest structure and soil condition. Vegetation 90: 117 123.
- 1987. Air pollution and forestry. Forestry Commission Bulltin 70.
- 1987. Forest health survey 1987. Part 1. Results, Forestry (Commission Bulletin 74. ,
- 1982. Ozone and the growth and productivity of agricultural crops. In: UnsworthMH. OrmrodDP. eds. Effects of gaseous air polution in agriculture and horticulture. Sevenoaks : Butterworth Scientific. 293–304.
- 1987. The role of water stress in tree growth. Journal of Arboriculture 13: 33–38.
- 1982. Response of several eastern forest tree species to chronic doses of ozone and nitrogen dioxide. Plant Disease: 1144–1152. ,
- 1987. A large-scale fumigation system for investigating interactions between air pollution and cold stress on plants. Environmental Pollution 43: 15–28. , ,
- 1993. Branch growth arid leaf gas exchange of Populus tremula exposed to low ozone concentrations throughout two grow HIE seasons. Environmental Pollution 79: 1–7. , ,
- 1985. Effects of air pollution on forests a critical review. Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association 35: 512–534.
- 1990. Differential sensitivity of stomata and mesophyll to sudden exposure of bean shoots to ozone. Photosythetica 24: 446–458. , ,
- 1987. GENSTAT 5- trireme manual. Oxford ; Clarendon Press. , , , , , , , , , ,
- 1993. Interacting effects of ozone and water stress on the stomatal resistance of beech (Fagus sylvatica L). New Phytologist 123: 351–358. ,
- 1985. Ambient levels of ozone reduce net photosynthesis in tree and crop species. Science 230: 566–657. ,
- 1988. Morphology of CTOVMI development of Fagus sylvatica L. (beech in consideration of new modifications. H. Strategy of airspace conquest and modifications by environmental influences. Flora 180: 207–338.
- 1989. Changes of partitioning and Increased root lengths of spruce and spruce exposed to ambient pollution concentrations in southern England. Annales des Sciences Forestoères 46: 573–578. , ,
- 1988. Tree survey of southern England. Air Report No 4. Greenpeace Environmental Trust.