17 Lynmouth Road, London N2 9LR, UK.
Atypical, green leaf blotch lesions on barley leaves infected by Rhynchosporium secalis (Oud.) Davis
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 127, Issue 1, pages 139–145, May 1994
How to Cite
DAVIS, H., FITT, B. D. L. and EVANS, R. L. (1994), Atypical, green leaf blotch lesions on barley leaves infected by Rhynchosporium secalis (Oud.) Davis. New Phytologist, 127: 139–145. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1994.tb04268.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Received 7 October 1993; accepted 14 January 1994
- 1978. The influence of infection by Rhynchosporium secalis on growth regulators of barley. Physio-logical Plant Pathology 12: 159–166. ,
- 1972. Abnormal behaviour of stomata in barley leaves infected with Rhynchosporium secalis (Oudem.) J. J. Davis. Journal of Experimental Botany 23: 683–691.
- 1981. Effects of disease on plant water relations. In: AyresPG, ed. Effects of disease on the physiology of the growing plant. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 131–148.
- 1975. Increased transpiration and the accumulation of root absorbed 86Rb in barley leaves infected by Rhynchosporium secalis (leaf blotch). Physiological Plant Pathology 7: 49–58. ,
- 1992. Photosynthesis in green-islands on powdery mildew-infected barley leaves. Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology 40: 31–38. ,
- 1990. Studies of the biology and epidemiology of Rhynchosporium secalis (leaf blotch on barley). Ph.D. thesis, University of London, UK.
- 1993. Effects of temperature and leaf wetness on the latent period of Rhynchosporium secalis (leaf blotch) on leaves of winter barley. Journal of Phytopathology (in the press). ,
- 1973. Cytokinins in scald of barley (Abstract 0102). Second International Congress of Plant Pathology, Minneapolis, USA. ,
- 1970. Scanning electron microscopy of fresh leaves of Pinguicula. Science 167: 172–174.
- 1976. Some effects of nutrition on Rhynchosporium secalis. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 66: 329–332. ,
- 1983. Plants and microclimate : a quantitative approach to environmental plant physiology. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
- 1972. The nutrition of the subcuticular mycelium of Rhynchosporium secalis (barley leaf blotch): permeability changes induced in the host. Physiological Plant Pathology 2: 383–392. ,
- 1974. Rhynchosporium leaf blotch of barley studied during the subcuticular phase by electron microscopy. Physiological Plant Pathology 4: 229–233. ,
- 1967. Increased cytokinin activity of rust-infected bean and broad bean leaves. Phytopathology 57: 93–94. , ,
- 1981. Evaporation and surface temperature. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meterological Society 45: 11–27.
- 1974. Coating of leaf surfaces with agarose to retain fungal inoculum in situ for staining. Stain Technology 1: 15–18. ,
- 1974. An electron microscope study of the outer layers of barley leaves infected with Rhynchosporium secalis. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 1: 313–317. ,
- 1965. The effect of some herbicides on sporulation of Rhynchosporium secalis. Phytopathology 55: 43–45. ,
- 1980. Observations on the production and dispersal of spores, and infection by Rhynchosporium secalis. Annals of Applied Biology 95: 163–175.
- 1982. Host-pathogen interactions in plant disease. London : Academic Press.
- 1975. Plant pathogenesis. Berlin ; Springer-Verlag.