Flow cytometric probing of chromatin condensation in maize diploid nuclei
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 126, Issue 1, pages 31–35, January 1994
How to Cite
BIRADAR, D. P. and RAYBURN, A. L. (1994), Flow cytometric probing of chromatin condensation in maize diploid nuclei. New Phytologist, 126: 31–35. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1994.tb07526.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 29 June 1993; accepted 8 September 1993)
- 1990. Nuclear size, DNA content and chromatin condensation are different in individual tissues of the maize root apex. Protoplasma 158: 45–52.
- 1987a. Changes in chromatin condensation during growth and differentiation of maize primary rout cells. Biologia (Bratislava) 42: 9–16. ,
- 1987b. DNA content, nucleus size and chromatin structure in cells of the maize primary root. Biologia (Bratislava) 42: 409–417. ,
- 1984. Underrepresentation of nuclear DNA sequences in differentiating root cells of Vicia faba. Protoplasma 123: 70–77. , , ,
- 1993. Intraplant nuclear DNA content variation in diploid nuclei of maize (Zea mays L). Journal of Experimental Botany 44: 1039–1044. ,
- 1987. A flow cytometric study of DNA staining In Situ in exponentially growing and stationary Euglena gracilis. Cytometry 8: 42–45. , , ,
- 1975. Some characteristics of chromatin from meristematic and differentiated cells of maize root. Cell Differentiation 4: 201–207. , , ,
- 1990. Cytochemical techniques for multivariate analysis of DNA and other cellular constituents. In: Melamed MR, Lindmo T, Mendelsolin ML, eds. Flow cytometry and sorting. New York , USA : Wiley-Liss Inc, 227–248. ,
- 1990. Probing nuclear chromatin by flow cytometry. In: Melamed MR, Lindmo T. Mendelsolin ML, eds. Flow cytometry and sorting. New York , USA : Wiley-Liss Inc. 315–340.
- 1982. DNA content and heterochromatin variations in various tissues of peanut (Arachis hypogaea). American Journal of Botany 69: 219–226. ,
- 1982. Loss of nuclear DNA in leaves of rye. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 62: 325–328. ,
- 1976, Nuclear changes during differentiation of xylem vessel elements. Cytobiologie 12: 220–243. ,
- 1985. Nuclear DNA content in the genera Zea and Sorghum. Intergeneric, interspecific and intraspecific variation. Heredity 55: 307–313. ,
- 1973. 3H-thymidine labelled DNA in the primary root of Vicia faba L. Zeitschrift für Pflanzenphysiologie 68: 379–381.
- 1992. DNA stainability in aneuploid breast tumors: comparison of four DNA fluorochromes differing in binding properties. Cytometry 13: 389–394. , , , ,
- 1979. Differential DNA replication in plants: a critical review. Zeitschrift für Pflanzenphysiologie 95: 283–314.
- 1983. Heterochromatin elimination in the orchid Dendrobium. Protoplasma 118: 234–237.
- 1991. Nuclease induced DNA structural changes assessed by flow cytometry with the intercalating dye propidium iodide. Cytometry 12: 323–329. , ,
- 1989. Detection of intraspecific DNA content variation in Zea mays L. by flow cytometry. Journal of Experimental botany 40: 1179–1183. , , ,
- 1992. Estimating percentage constitutive heterochromatin by flow cytometry. Experimental Cell Research 198: 175–178. , ,
- 1993. Nuclear DNA content in F1 hybrids of Maize. Heredity 71: 294–300. , , ,
- 1985. C-band heterochromatin and DNA content in Zea mays. American Journal of Botany 72: 1610–1617. , , ,
- 1976. Reverse fluorescent chromosome banding with chromomycin and DAPI. Chromosoma 58: 307–324.