Salt stress-induced changes in superoxide dismutase isozymes in leaves and mesophyll protoplasts from Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp.
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 126, Issue 1, pages 37–44, January 1994
How to Cite
HERNÁNDEZ, J. A., DEL RÍO, L. A. and SEVILLA, F. (1994), Salt stress-induced changes in superoxide dismutase isozymes in leaves and mesophyll protoplasts from Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp. New Phytologist, 126: 37–44. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1994.tb07527.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 4 May 1993; accepted 10 September 1993)
- 1989. Isoenzyme pattern of superoxide: dismutase in different varieties of Citrus plants. Physiologia Plantarum 76: 563–568. , , ,
- 1987. Aspects of the structure, function, and application of Superoxide dismutase. CRC Critical Review Biochemistry 22: 111–180. , ,
- 1990. Tetrameric manganese dismutase from anaerobic Actinomyces. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 280: 102–200. ,
- 1983. Electrostatic facilitation of the reaction catalyzed by the manganese containing and the iron-containing superoxide dismutase. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 221: 329–332. , , ,
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72: 248–254.
- 1981. Distribution of iron-containing superoxide dismutase in vascular plants. Plant Physiology 68: 275–278. ,
- 1961. Methods of analysis fur soil, plants and water. University of California ( Riverside ) Division of Agriculture, USA . ,
- 1988. Free radicals and leaf senescence-a review. Plant physiology and Biochemistry 15: 18–29.
- 1993. Metabolism-of activated oxygen in peroxisomes from two Pisum sativum L. cultivars with different sensitivity to sodium chloride Journal of Plant Physiology 141: 160–165. , , ,
- 1991, Subcellular distribution of superoxide dismutase in leaves of ureide-producing leguminous plants. Physiologia Plantarum 81: 285–291. , , , , , ,
- 1982. Electrostatic interactions in the reaction mechanism of bovine erythrocyte superoxide dismutase. Journal of Biological Chemistry 257: 1144–11447. ,
- 1964. Disc gel electrophoresis II. Method and application to human serum proteins. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 121: 404–427.
- 1992. Metabolism of oxygen Radicals in peroxisomes and cellular implications. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 13: 557–580. , , , ,
- 1991. Nutritional effect and expression of superoxide dismutases: induction and gene expression; diagnostics; prospective protection against oxygen toxicity. Free Radical Research Communications 12–13: 819–827. , , ,
- 1990. Isozymes of superoxide dismutase in mitochondria and peroxisomes isolated from petals of carnation (Dianthus caryophyllus) during senescence. Plant Physiology 94: 1187–1192. ,
- 1988. Activated oxygen in green plants in relation to stress situations. Current Topics in Plant Biochemistry: Physiology. 7: 159–187. , ,
- 1983. Protoplasts: isolation and culture. In: Evans DA, Sharp WR, Ammirato PV, Yamada Y, eds. Handbook of plant cell culture, vol. 1. New York : Macmillan. ,
- 1986. Biological effects of the superoxide radical. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 247: 1–11.
- 1981. Correlation between germination and activities of superoxide dismutase and peroxidase in rice (Oryza sativa L.) Plant Physiology 67 (Suppl):19. ,
- 1983. Electrostatic recognition between superoxide and copper, zinc superoxide dismutase. Nature 306: 290–297. , , , , , ,
- 1989. Free radicals in biology and medicine, 2nd edition. Oxford : Clarendon Press. ,
- 1992. Fuse radical processes and loss of seed viability during desiccation in the recalcitrant species Quercus robur L. New Phytologist 122: 273–279. , , , , , ,
- 1993. Salt-induced oxidative stress mediated by activated oxygen species in pea leaf mitochondria. Physiologia Plantarum 89: 103–110. , , , ,
- 1950. The water culture method for growing: plants without soil. California Agriculture Experimental Station Circular no. 347, University of California, Berkley , 32. ,
- 1984, Salt exclusion: an adaptation of legumes for crops and pastures under saline conditions. In: Staples RC, Toenniessens GH, eds. Salinity tolerance in plants: strategies for crop improvement. New York : John Wiley and Sons, 171–187.
- 1990. The role of free radicals and the radical processing systems in loss of desiccation tolerance in germinating maize (Zea mays L.). New Phytologist 116: 573–580. , , , ,
- 1969. Superoxide dismutase: an enzymic function for erythrocuprein. Journal of Biological Chemistry 244: 6049–6055. ,
- 1989. Plants under drought-stress, generate activated oxygen. Free Radical Research Communications 8: 61–66. , ,
- 1991. Iron-catalysed oxygen radical formation and its possible contribution to drought in nine native grasses and three cereals. Plant, Cell and Environment 14: 477–484. ,
- 1983. Superoxide radicals, superoxide and dismutase and oxygen toxicity in plants. Photochemistry and Photobiology 37: 679–960. ,
- 1984. Purification end characterization of a Mn-superoxide dismutase from mungbean. Biochemistry International 8: 707–714. ,
- 1988. Toxic oxygen species and protective systems of the chloroplasts Physiologia Plantarum 72: 681–689.
- 1988. Intraorganellar distribution of superoxide dismutase in plant peroxisomes (glyoxysomes and leaf peroxisomes). Plant Physiology 88: 1215–1218. ,
- 1982. Characterization of a manganese superoxide dismutase from the higher plant Pisum sativum. Plant Physiology 70: 1321–1336. , ,
- 1989. Effect of aluminium on superoxide dismutase. Clinical Science 77: 463–466. , , ,
- 1990. Effect of salinity (NaCl) stress on H2O2 metabolism in Vigno and Oryza seedlings. Biochemie und Physiologie der Pflanzen 186: 69–74. ,
- 1973. Superoxide dismutase: organelle specificity. Journal of Biological Chemistry 248: 3582–3592. ,
- 1982. Effect of salinity on germination, growth and yield of cowpea. Irrigation Science 3: 169–175. ,